Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
13,268 Posts
Originally posted by iHEARTmaltese@Aug 11 2005, 03:30 AM
I am waiting for a Look-Out car seat also, since the Pet Smart in my area had only a medium sized one.  I was wondering if any of your furkids experienced car sickness, and because of the car seat, is now better.  Bailee always gets car sick, unless I hold her and have her looking out the window.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89336
[/QUOTE]

Scooby used to get car sick and I had to nurse him in the front, which I didn't like doing at all for safety reasons, but since he has had his Buddy Booster seat he has never been sick at all.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I have the red one that is pictured in the picture above. It works and Lacey loves it but she likes to put her front paws on the front of it, because of this she is putting some weight on the front panels and she is getting it out of shape. I need to get another one but would like to get her something a little bigger. She can lay in it.

· Premium Member
13,268 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Aug 11 2005, 10:17 AM
I have the red one that is pictured in the picture above.  It works and Lacey loves it but she likes to put her front paws on the front of it, because of this she is putting some weight on the front panels and she is getting it out of shape.  I need to get another one but would like to get her something a little bigger.  She can lay in it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89367
[/QUOTE]

Scooby stands all over the edges of his and it is made of solid plasitc so there is no real harm in him doing that, I think that is what I like about it, it can stand up to anything Scooby can do to it. We just lined it with a nice towel so it is softer for him, but he is quite the little delinquent in the car and loves to stand up and jump around in there, I am so glad there is a strap there to clip him in, but he has mastered the art of balancing around corners really well, he actually leans the right way so that he can keep his bird's eye view of everything out the windows.

· Premium Member
13,268 Posts
This is Scooby standing on the edge of his Buddy Booster, he does this all the time while driving around town but, when we are on the open road and going faster he lays down, curls up and has a nap till he feels the car slow then he is back up to see what is happening.

· Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Too cute!

· Registered
194 Posts
I'm needing to get a booster seat too, because the one I have doesn't work well in the backseat of a small car. I have a Mazda Protege. Does anyone use their carseat in the back? If so, how well does it work? And what kind is it? Thanks. Grace and Kaylee

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava+Aug 9 2005, 09:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Aug 9 2005, 05:58 PM
I got this one for Tic because of his motion sickness.  I didn't know if it would help, so I didn't want to sink a whole lotta money into another thing that the boys don't use

car seat
It was like $20 at petsmart, but I didn't see it online.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88884
i have this same one :
parker is great in it. u use a harness to strap them in. he curls up and goes to sleep.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88946
[/B][/QUOTE]
I have the one above. It only works in the backseat of my SUV because it needs to be strapped around the back of the seat. Unless the backseat of your car is able to fold down so you can get the strap around, I don't think this one will work. Lots of people here seem to have the Snoozer lookout seat or one like it that should work for you. the booster seat just sit on the seat and the seatbelt attaches the booster seat to the car

· Premium Member
13,268 Posts
Originally posted by littlebit279@Aug 21 2005, 10:06 PM
I'm needing to get a booster seat too, because the one I have doesn't work well in the backseat of a small car. I have a Mazda Protege. Does anyone use their carseat in the back? If so, how well does it work? And what kind is it? Thanks. Grace and Kaylee
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=92893
[/QUOTE]

We have this buddy booster which we use in the back, we had to remove the head rest to put it in though, but it works very well for Scooby. We bought it 18 months ago from that other site. I do like it though as it is tough and takes a lot of punishment from Scooby standing on it and jumping around.

Attachments

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Wanted to jump in and say that Belle has both the one that Lady Montava shows and the lookout for our other car. They are both good but Belle much prefers the
one that Lady M shows. made by Outward Hound. She is 6lbs 3 ozs and is able to curl up in it or sit up and see as she pleases. They are both good.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Here is the car seat I have for Toby...

and here is the link to the site...Harriet Carter

It seems to be very similiar to that of the one sold at MO and much cheaper. The only thing I was disappointed in was there was no restraint leash, so I solved that problem by using Toby's leash. It sounds kind of silly, but I attach the leash to his harness and when I close the door, I shut it on the leash. I bought an inexpensive leash, just for this purpose. I give him a little slack in the car and the rest of the leash hangs out the car door. This is my temporary solution, until I can figure out another way to hook him in.

I bet it must look odd with a leash flapping along down the road!

· Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Aug 20 2005, 01:15 AM
Paris~did you ever decide on a car seat? I'm anxious to hear how you liked it!! I hope it worked out for you! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=92560
[/QUOTE]
I ordered the oversized Lookout II. Received it in less than a week. Paris loved it! I was afraid she would try to get back in my lap but she just sat right up and looked all around. When she got tired she layed down and at one point I think she even dozed off. This particular seat was really too big (she weighs 6.5 lbs.). I wanted her to be able to lay down. I sent it back and ordered the smaller seat. It will be perfect for her!

· Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by paris+Aug 22 2005, 07:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@Aug 20 2005, 01:15 AM
Paris~did you ever decide on a car seat? I'm anxious to hear how you liked it!! I hope it worked out for you! 

I ordered the oversized Lookout II. Received it in less than a week. Paris loved it! I was afraid she would try to get back in my lap but she just sat right up and looked all around. When she got tired she layed down and at one point I think she even dozed off. This particular seat was really too big (she weighs 6.5 lbs.). I wanted her to be able to lay down. I sent it back and ordered the smaller seat. It will be perfect for her!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=92977
[/B][/QUOTE]
I'm glad she liked it-we have the oversized too and it is to big for Ruby (5 lbs.) too but I went ahead and kept it--I do wish it was smaller but......
The smaller one will be perfect for Paris-I'm so glad she likes it-Ruby loves riding in hers too.
Could you get the pink for her in the small size too?

· Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom+Aug 22 2005, 12:24 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2005, 07:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@Aug 20 2005, 01:15 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=92977

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad she liked it-we have the oversized too and it is to big for Ruby (5 lbs.) too but I went ahead and kept it--I do wish it was smaller but......
The smaller one will be perfect for Paris-I'm so glad she likes it-Ruby loves riding in hers too.
Could you get the pink for her in the small size too?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93045
[/B][/QUOTE]
I ordered the khaki one. It goes better with mine and my daughter's car. I figured my daughter would want the pink one but I asked and she said no.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.