Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Tic gets motion sickness too. The vet offered a human prescription med (can't for the life of me remember what it is called) but I declined. For long rides, the only thing that I can suggest is to not feed her beforehand. That doesn't work for Tic though because he will still throw up bile. I bought a car seat for him just for this reason alone and it's still not 100%. I would say that he still throws up 60% of the time. The car seat is up at window level so he can see outside. Someone here suggested human Dramamine (ask your vet first to see if it's okay and the correct dose). I've not tried it yet though. I feel your pain because it's hard to see them suffer like that. My other malt Peanut does just fine in the car no matter where he is sitting. I got some of those baby crib mattress protectors. They are fabric, but there is a waterproof layer. Just a suggestion to keep the car clean. One of my cars has light grey leather and it's discolored where Tic threw up. It's no big deal, but made the bf mad

If your baby does well in the car when you hold her up to the window, the car seat may work better for you than it did for us. There are lots of diff. kinds, let us know if you need help finding one. Good luck to you and Bailee!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts