Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jill is twelve weeks old and ever since we got her she throws up either during or after the trip. Even it is only a mile or two. You know when she is going to blow because her mouth starts watering and her hair around her mouth gets all wet. Did anyone else have this problem at first and did they outgrow it? Our older furkid Jack is great in the car and we would like to be able to take them with us this summer.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@Apr 13 2005, 02:33 PM
Jill is twelve weeks old and ever since we got her she throws up either during or after the trip.  Even it is only a mile or two.  You know when she is going to blow because her mouth starts watering and her hair around her mouth gets all wet.  Did anyone else have this problem at first and did they outgrow it?  Our older furkid Jack is great in the car and we would like to be able to take them with us this summer.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52257
[/QUOTE]

My first malese used to throw up all the time in a car ride. Fist the vet advised gravel, but that did not work. Then they told me if we know we have a trip to take do not feed her before the trip . Bring the food with you and feed them when you arrive. I tried that and it worked.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried putting her in a crate? Maybe that would help?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52346
[/QUOTE]

We put her in a small box just in case. One thing that did help was putting a light blanket over her head so she couldn't see the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts