Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a E911 Telecommunicator with almost 9 years experience as an emergency call taker. I am certified as a Basic Telecommunicator, LINK/NCIC (state and nation wide criminal justice database computer), EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) Advance EMD, Crisis Negotiations, and Enhanced Telecommunications . I dispatch for a multi-service agency, dispatching 2 Law Enforcement agencies, and act as a contact dispatcher for state agencies that are involved with incidents that occur in our county such as Dept. Fish/Wildlife, Kentucky State Police, and US Corp of Engineers. I dispatch for 2 fire departments, an ambulance service, rescue squad, city sanitation, and utility departments. I have been with my current employer since 1999.

I am also a Kentucky Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate. I plan to become a broker in the near future. I am only 2 classes away from being able to take the Broker's examination.

I have recently completed EMT class. I passed my skills examination with flying colors, and took the written National Registry Exam just this past Thursday night, and should receive the results from that test in 3-5 weeks. I will keep you all posted with the results of that.

And finally, I am a volunteer firefighter. Became a Certified Level 1 firefighter in 1997. I will use my EMT licensee to act as an EMT-FF once I've received confirmation of passing the test.

My future plans are to maintain my EMT-FF and serve my community on a volunteer basis, teaching my son the fundamentals of helping a person in need and by showing him in many ways how to be an admirable young man beginning at an early age and carrying those atributes through out all of his life.

Career wise, I will retire from E911 in just 16 years.. it seems so far away, yet so close, especially with my little boy- he's just 1 1/2 , will be 2 in Sept.

Then I will pursue Real Estate full time, working for myself, I can contribute more time and work to the fire dept.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am a seventh-grade language arts teacher. This is my second year in seventh grade. I taught third grade for five years, and kindergarten for three. (ten years total) I also just volunteered to be the junior high cheerleading coach/sponsor.

Other than that, I am a member of our church session, head of the Christian Education committee, organizer of Vacation Bible School, Nursery/Sunday School teacher....

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I am nearly embarassed to say
I am just a stay at home mom. I just had a second round interview to work part time at a new clothing store coming to our town. It sounds like nothing next to you guys.
I was a lifeguard up until 2 years ago. I also taught water aerobics and swimming lessons. I don't do any of that anymore though.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am a stay at home mom to Fantasia lol. I am also the head of the nursery (age 0-3) at my church. Recently my mom's church started paying me to update their web page so I do that as well.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 23 2005, 10:27 AM
I am nearly embarassed to say 
  I am just  a stay at home mom. I just had a second round interview to work part time at a new clothing store coming to our town. It sounds like nothing next to you guys. 
  I was a lifeguard up until 2 years ago. I also taught water aerobics and swimming lessons. I don't do any of that  anymore though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55635
[/QUOTE]

Don't be embarrassed! It's hard work being a stay at home mom. Look at my above post and you will see that I don't even have kids! Just a stay at home mom to Fantasia! But to be fair I have handicaps that don't allow me to work. I haven't had a job since just after college and that was only for a few months till I had to quit because of the pain.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm a registered nurse and a licensed nursing home administrator. I was on a rescue squad for a number of years in a volunteer capacity. I've done a lot of different specialites, including ER, OR, urgent care and cardiology, but for the past 10 years, I've been in long-term care, either as the Director of Nursing or as the Administrator. Mostly as Administrator, which I found I prefer. I sit on the Tri-County (Mason, Lewis & Thurston) Regional Ombudsman Advisory Board and am currently the chairperson.

Gotta say, though....I sure do miss the adrenalin rushes from the ER and rescue squad. Ain't nothin' like driving an ambulance rig to the scene with sirens and lights, and going to work on whatever you come upon. I was on the heavy rescue team as well (jaws of life, hydraulic lifters, etc.). Ahhhh, those were the days.......

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah, I'm still in school, and thats a hard choice. But since I would like to make a lot of money...

Maybe a National Geographic photographer or a cinematographer(I think thats what it's called.)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Gotta say this: I was also a stay at home mom, once upon a time, and let me tell you that is the most important job anyone can have! Getting to raise, mold and teach young ones to be good and decent members of society ain't nothing to sneeze at. What bigger, more important job could one have?? Please don't apologize for that or feel ashamed. Ever! You are doing exalted, terribly tough, and sometimes thankless work that so often goes unappreciated. Do people think solid citizens fall from trees?
Stay at home moms deserve
!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Carol Ann@Apr 23 2005, 09:45 AM
Gotta say this: I was also a stay at home mom, once upon a time, and let me tell you that is the most important job anyone can have! Getting to raise, mold and teach young ones to be good and decent members of society ain't nothing to sneeze at. What bigger, more important job could one have?? Please don't apologize for that or feel ashamed. Ever!  You are doing exalted, terribly tough, and sometimes thankless work that so often goes unappreciated. Do people think solid citizens fall from trees? 
Stay at home moms deserve 

!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55642
[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you,NEVER feel bad about that Triste

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I am a RN student and can't wait to finish. Feels as though I have been attending forever. I interviewed yesterday for an internship in the ER with a second choice of OB. Cross your fingers for me. I turned down a position at another hospital which was asking that you sign a contract for a year intern and a year after school. I just did not want to sign contracts, I want the opportunity to decide after school where I want to work.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I am a Barber/Stylist.I own my own shop (22yrs.) I have three emplys.and my daughter is going to school for the same,so she will be joining me in a year and a half.To carry on the family tradition.I am also looking to purchase another shop very soon.So I am excited about that!
When I retire,I want to be more involved with rescue and fostering.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I am a medical student and I have one more year to graduation!! All my friends from med school are graduating this year but I chose to do a year of research. After med school, I will hopefully do a residency in pathology!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have been a stay at home mom for 17 years. Once my kids entered middle school and high school I started doing some freelance work with graphics, photo slide shows and web design. A few years ago I started taking classes (with my kids) in American Karate. I have continued to train and will be taking my black belt test this July. I currently teach karate to elementary school children in an after school program and plan on continuing in that direciton.

I have to agree with the posts above about being a stay at home mom. These years have been the most important and gratifying, it is difficult seeing them slowly pass. Of course this is how Tiki came into our family.... hum, I guess I do need another fur baby :D

Judi

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I am a Management Consultant at a global professional services firm. I graduated in 2003 from the University of Toronto with a degree in Engineering. During my undergraduate, I worked at IBM for 16 months and continued working part-time during my last year. When I graduated, I decided it was time to look for new job and ended up where I am. I do enjoy my job because it is fast-paced and a wonderful learning experience. They say 1 year in consulting is 3 years in industry.

In a year or two, I plan to go back to school. I am still up in arms if I should do my MBA, Law or DVM degree. Haha...pretty broad.

But in the mean time, I am striving to become a Maltese show person and hopefully breeder one day. I also actively volunteer for a local rescue and foster dogs and cats. In my spare time, I make doggie websites.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am the director of supplier diversity for a medical products and services company. I tried to be a stay at hom mom but I just couldn't do it. I guess I am just destined to be in corporate america.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well I am in high school, need to find a part time job very soon lol. I have no idea what I am going to study and a seriously need to start coming up with some ideas (my guidance counsiler was not please when I told her I had not clue what I want to study). I am kinda messing around with some idea but I really dont know.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi ,
I also am a stay at home mom. But I consider myself the CEO of the family lol. I do go in to our office construction and electrical twice a week and pay the bills thats if the kids don't need me for rides and stuff or something doesn't need doing at the house laundry etc. well maybe I go to the office once a week lol when I get the time.. Daughter getting her license May 1 :eek: Scared to death , I rememeber being sixteen (I know you have to let them grow up but boy is it hard) any way that will help alot with driving.. give be some free time. And I almost forgot I'm the proud Grammie and primary caregiver to Summer, 5mos. Christy 10 yrs. Joey (cat) 3yrs. and Precious (cat) 15 yrs. I would post picture here if I new how lol. :lol: Lifes pretty good at my house
no complaints.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Apr 23 2005, 09:15 AM
Well I am in high school, need to find a part time job very soon lol.  I have no idea what I am going to study and a seriously need to start coming up with some ideas (my guidance counsiler was not please when I told her I had not clue what I want to study).  I am kinda messing around with some idea but I really dont know.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55659
[/QUOTE]
Hi Liily ENJOY high school it starts going by to fast after you get out be young and have lots of fun

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
My first job is as a stay at home mom. I have three kids who are all school aged. Along with that, I do consulting work from home. For many years, I was a lobbyist in DC representing a variety of clients from the real estate industry. Currently, I do more political and non-profit fundraising work. It helps to pay a few bills, but honestly, I think I'm ready to retire! I am also the director of marketing for our family business. Basically that means that I do all the marketing and promotions work for our family business, which is run by my brother. And finally, I am also in the process of developing a new technology for mass marketed products. Currently I am in the process of having the technology patented. Once we've completed that phase...it's on to financing.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'm happy to say that I have a job I've wanted since I was five years old, LOL. In a little different capacity, at least. I grew up wanting to play baseball, and I've spent the last five years working for different MLB teams. I started a part time job with the Braves, and moved up here to Cleveland when I got a full time position with the Indians. LOVE IT! I've been in retail way too long, but this is my foot in the door to get a position in fan development that I'm searching for. (anyone have any Baltimore Oriole connections??? lol) Currently, I'm helping run all of the souvenir stands thru out the ballpark.

I was working for a surf shop in FL and had an opportunity to go back to school and finish my degree, and I thought "WOOHOOOO! I can finally get out of retail!" So I got my degrees in communications and graphic design, and here I am. Back in retail. LOLOLOLOL. I do love what I do, and even though I have some excruciatingly long hours when the team is in town, I'm fortunate enough to have some GREAT friends who Buttercupsit during the day for me. Also, if I hadnt taken this job, I wouldnt have met my current boyfriend, whom I absolutely adore...and he and buttercup also have formed a "mutual admiration society"
I'm a very lucky girl

What an interesting thread. I've learned a LOT about you guys! :D

Ann Marie and The "We're really closet Oriole fans...ssshhhhhhhh!" Buttercup

1 - 20 of 114 Posts