Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one recommend a carpet cleaning machine ? The ones to rent are too big for the area I need to clean.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i read in the womans world magazine or something...that renting is a lot better than actually buying a machine because the rentals have so much more power. something like that.

my mom bought a carpet shampooer....she never uses it now. if there's a stain on the carpet, she just pours natures miracle over it--and scrubs. it definitely takes the stains out.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 8 2005, 08:05 PM
i read in the womans world magazine or something...that renting is a lot better than actually buying a machine because the rentals have so much more power.  something like that.

my mom bought a carpet shampooer....she never uses it now.  if there's a stain on the carpet, she just pours natures miracle over it--and scrubs.  it definitely takes the stains out. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50753
[/QUOTE]

We bought one and we would be lost without it! We got such a good deal , one night we were at Kohl's (yes random place for a steam cleaner) and the guy rang up the wrong pirce on the steam cleaner, later we found out ours wasnt on sale and it was the cheaper one that was on sale so we got a $399 cleaner for $150. We woudl be lost without it, it is a bissell. We rented one andafter all the cleaning solution etc. it ends up being about $60

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The ones you buy are SO much better then the rentals. The rentals don't seem to suck the water out of the carpet as good as the ones you buy. My parents have a Hoover one and love it. They've had it for over 6 years. I think it was around $250 when they got it. They would be lost without it. Look for the kind that have the individual rotating brushes, not the one long brush like a vaccuum cleaner. Also for the shampoo you can use the red jugs that are sold by the rental cleaners.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a bissell carpet and upholstery steamer-I ADORE IT. My husband makes fun of me, he calls and asks my daughter-"Where's Mom?" and she invariably answers "She's Steaming something"

I can't help it-when you see the disgusting brown crud that gets sucked out-it's addicting!!!

Mine was 349. I got it for Christmas. Santa thought I was a bit off, asking for one, but he got it anyway!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a hoover spin brush. I love it. I am always using it. I even bought a rug shampoo that is specifically for pet stains and odors. I use spot treatment day to day for my babies accidents but maybe once every couple of weeks I go over the area with the scrubber. My little one, Jill, uses pads but sometimes is too close to the edge so it gets on the carpet. My scrubber has two tanks, one for the cleaner and one for the dirty water. It is so convenient. My old one had to be hooked up to the fawcett and it was a pain. If I ever get another one though, I am going to get one that heats the water in the tank. I think those would be the best, cause my water gets cold. I know I am long winded, but once I am on a roll, well........

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I bought the Bissel Quicksteamer plus. So far I have only done one room and it worked great. This is sufficient for me, 2 of the rooms are small and with the furniture in it there is not much carpet left to clean. Our bedroom is bigger and there is more carpet but won't have to be cleaned as often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts