Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, what types of carriers/purses do you have? Can you link and example pic of it?

I am looking for one because Chanel has gotten all of her shots and I can finally take her out and about. I have been looking at Kwigy-Bo purses, but they are pricey, $150.
Thanks...

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I don't have a link to the hand-carrier I got but I don't really like it so I'll describe it. I looks like a large ladies handbag and the top zips closed but leaves a hole for his head to stick through. Well, Pico doesn't like just having his head sticking out, he wants his chest and paws out, too so it throws the balance off and the bag is always tipping forward and is just awkward to use.

It is a Sherpa that I got at Tuesday Morning so I'm only out $29 but I don't recommend it.

I LOVE the stroller but I would truly feel like an idiot pushing Pico around in a stroller.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree Pico's Parent, I would feel a bit dorky walking my doggie in a storller...just thought it was different and a cute concept.

Nicole, that's actually a pretty good looking bag...the style is nice.

Saltymalty, I looked at ebay and that's where I saw all of the expensive carriers that I want. I was wondering if people here were into the super expensive trendy purses that cost and arm and a leg :lol: . I wanted to know if people actually spent that much and if they did, was it worth it!

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Sep 26 2004, 12:12 PM
Well, Pico doesn't like just having his head sticking out, he wants his chest and paws out, too so it throws the balance off and the bag is always tipping forward and is just awkward to use.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10011
[/QUOTE]

hhahahah

picos mom!
i know what u mean!!
my jongee does that too..she always have her front legs and her chest sticking out so much the bag is always tipping and i always have to hold the bottom front of the bag whenever i walk around to "balance" it ..
:lol:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have one of these in the English plaid.. I love it because it zips all the way around so there are no gaps for Tuffy to escape through.. it's great for traveling.

And I also have this purse carrier for quick trips.. but Tuffy loves to stick most of his body outside of the carrier so I usually end up having to squish him back in there.

I bought both of my carriers off of eBay.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i got parker one when i was in disney world. it was 30$ which i was supprised b/c usually disney is very expensive. here are some pics:

and just to show he can fit all the way in....

if he were any bigger he might not have fit

i use this if i take him to school...if i need to go to the library he is allowed in this.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it was for dogs...they have a whole line of items for pets now...he has a tag in the shape of mickey also. i dont know if there are any web sites that sell it but if i find it i will let you know.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 26 2004, 08:36 PM
LadyMontava--

I am SOOOOOO jealous!  I LOVE that bag!  Parker is adorable in it! 
Is it made for pups or did you just convert it into a dog carrier?  I am a huge Disney fan and that would complete Toby ensemble!  If you happen to come across a website that sells them, please let me know!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10054
[/QUOTE]

Nichole...
I thought of you when I saw that post earlier! I knew you would go nuts!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my sister got that english plaid carrier---but its sooo heavy!!! we also used to go to the mall for a couple hours at a time...our arms would hurt!!
parkers carrying case is soo cute!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Sep 27 2004, 09:11 AM
my sister got that english plaid carrier---but its sooo heavy!!!  we also used to go to the mall for a couple hours at a time...our arms would hurt!! 
  parkers carrying case is soo cute!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10099
[/QUOTE]

It is heavy, I never use it to just carry him in because it's a little too much. But it's awesome for traveling, it's also airline approved.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have the Celltei Active Tote-o-Pet. I think I have the medium. I love it because it looks like a purse but is big enough that Lexi has plenty of room to move. It is very well made. It is pretty pricey but I feel is worth it. I paid $150 for it but it is now $175. I've seen them on ebay though so you might be able to get a deal on one there.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts