Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this isnt a cat forum...but i'm waiting for 1pm when my furniture store opens. my cat was mad that his litter box wasnt as clean as he likes it, and decided to pee on our new microfiber couch. does anyone know how to clean this? ive tried a couple of things, and i hope i didnt ruin it already
i havent tried natrures miracle yet....can anyone say that it works great on cat pee?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I found a place where it says to use an enzyme cleaner on them. I guess you can use nature's miracle. But it says to try in a test area first.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I would POUR it on there!!!!

I am having cat urine probs myself ya know?!

What would be in Nature's Miracle that would hurt it I wonder? It is clear...it doesn't have bleach...it is mostly alcohol or something isn't it?
I feel for ya! I would be totally pissed about my couch!

Spencer's favorite is a few spots of carpet....

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well before i tried the natures miracle..it soaked in a bath of whoolite, and resolve pet stain remover..and some other enzyme cleaner.. didnt work...now im trying the natures miracle..i hope it works.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Mar 13 2005, 03:27 PM
well before i tried the natures miracle..it soaked in a bath of whoolite, and resolve pet stain remover..and some other enzyme cleaner.. didnt work...now im trying the natures miracle..i hope it works.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42871
[/QUOTE]

The smell won't really be gone until the liquid all dries/evaporates...right?
I also read (while doing my cat urine research) that sometimes the enzyme cleaners like Natures Miracle won't work the same if you have already tried to clean it with other stuff.
Don't know if that is true or not though.
Wanna put both our cats in the cat reform school?! I read today (while doing my cat urine research) that urinating and/or marking outside the litterbox is the #1 reason cats are given to shelters. I believe it! It makes me much madder than when Brink does it! Cat urine is bad! Cat "marking" urine is even worse. Thank goodness ours is just urine.

Anyway, good luck!
I still feel for ya! Imma taking Spencer back to the vet to discuss his situation further this week. I am TIRED of his problem. He is about to get belly bands for real!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heh...i'm trying vinegar now..i think its working..but wont know for sure until it dries. i woulda booted him out the door if hubby didnt love him so much...but i do love him..but why my new couch

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Mar 13 2005, 05:45 PM
heh...i'm trying vinegar now..i think its working..but wont know for sure until it dries.  i woulda booted him out the door if hubby didnt love him so much...but i do love him..but why my new couch

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42909
[/QUOTE]

You worked/struggled hard to find that couch too! :eek: That double sux!
Give it all a chance to dry and evaporate some. You won't be able to tell anything until then.
Don't use ammonia based products...but you probably already knew that.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If the sofa is new, it should have come with some cleaning instructions. If not, you could try calling the manufacturer and ask them how to best clean it from cat urine. They should be able to help you out with it. Good luck. I'd be pissed (ohhh, bad turn of the phrase.....).

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Mar 13 2005, 10:03 PM
I know they make a natures miracle just for cats but you proubly already knew that lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42987
[/QUOTE]

I compared the ingredients in the Petsmart one day...it was the SAME stuff!
No difference in ingredients. The cat formula was 1.00 more a bottle.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady M, I have heard that XO cleaner is supposed to be good on cat urine odors.

http://www.xocorp.com/

I got a free sample from a friend and ended up giving it to a neighbor who inherited his grandfather's cat when he died. The cat peed all over his chair for the same reason - dirty litter box. He said it took the smell right out.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 14 2005, 01:12 PM
Lady M, I have heard that XO cleaner is supposed to be good on cat urine odors.

http://www.xocorp.com/

I got a free sample from a friend and ended up giving it to a neighbor who inherited his grandfather's cat when he died. The cat peed all over his chair for the same reason - dirty litter box. He said it took the smell right out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43119
[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I have never heard of that brand....I looked at it. Sounds good!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Mar 14 2005, 12:55 PM-->
LadyM--did you get the stain out?  What did you use?

<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Mar 14 2005, 08:30 AM
i'm gonna sound like a total airhead but... what is mico fiber?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43047
It is a synthetic material that almost feels like suede.

My turn for a crazy question...what is so bad about cat urine? Is it worse than dog urine? Why? Does it have to do with the amonia in the urine? (Can you tell I've never owned a cat???
)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43110
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has a distinct odor to it...regular urine is not THAT bad...about like/equivalent to dog. But the cat "spray" is awful. Much stronger and harder to remove.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the smell is almost all gone...just one spot along the edging..so i saturated it with natures miracle and vinegar. i think it will do the trick...

·
Registered
86 Posts
hi,my cat peed on me when i brought him home from the vet 3 times,it was all over me and the seat and seatbelt of a new car,i firstly washed it with soap and water and then sprayed nilodour on it(i live in australia and don't know if you have it there)the smell was completely gone.nilodour is wonderful. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts