Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took Catcher in this morning for a major cut! His hair was quite long and hanging way down below his body. It was matting and just so thick and long that it was really hard for me to keep it up.

So, I took the groomer the puppy cut pictoral that JMM posted. I hope I didn't offend the groomer but .....

I told her not to cut it any shorter than Kallie's. So I pick him up in about 30 minutes!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@May 6 2005, 01:05 PM
Groomers give me the willies
Hope Catch comes home the way you pictured!!  Dying to see pictures

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60430
[/QUOTE]
I can't wait to see the pictures. I think it's a good thing you told them not to do it too short and they could see Kallie's, so they know what the length is.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm sure he'll look wonderful! His coat sounds like Lady's and it just gets too hard to keep up with a thick, more cottony coat. I think he'll also be a lot cooler in the warm weather (if Spring ever returns!)

How short did you tell you groomer to cut it? I cut Lady's about a month or so ago with a 1&1/4 inch comb. It was quite a shock at first, but within days I loved it. Of course now it's grown too long again.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I hope you have a better experience than I did! I'm nervous for you!! Can't wait to see how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I LOVE IT!!! He looks so much better.... I told her to leave the face totally as is... Now I'm thinking maybe next time, I will have her cut that , too! I'll never let it get long again!! Pictures coming soon!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, here are some pics...... it is so hard to shoot a moving "target". I took probably 100 shots... most are a blur..... this is the best I could come up with....
The hair on his head and ears probably should have been cut but I was afraid to do too much at once. He has a little of the lion look since his head still has so much hair! In the first photo before the hair cut he is cute but it was just too hard to take care of.....

This is Catcher before his hair cut:

Here he is with Kallie, after the hair cut:

After hair cut:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
his body is so perfect. you are lucky to have such a great groomer. looks fanstastic

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by LadyMontava@May 6 2005, 08:56 PM
his body is so perfect.  you are lucky to have such a great groomer.  looks fanstastic

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60575
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! You know, I think this is the best she's ever done in 10 years! I think what helped, truly, was taking her the entire printout of JMM's Puppy Cut Pictoral!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
JMM' should have a T.V grooming show. I used her Puppy Cut Pictoral too when I did chelsey hair. I'm sure I would have messed it up without it.

AHH it looks great ... and catcher is a cute as ever. Your goomer is really good.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts