Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Catcher had a very nice Thanksgiving… I was invited to someone's home and she insisted that I bring K & C. Well, there is no way I could bring Kallie because she likes to dig and she is so very high strung when she is in unfamiliar surroundings so it was agreed that I would just bring Catcher. The home I was going to is very "fancy" and I can just see Kallie trying to "dig to China" on her furniture and antique rugs
!!

I hate to say it but Catcher has not been anywhere much except the vet and groomer.
I know… that is just awful!!! So, I was a little conerned about how he might act but he is normally so mellow that I was counting on that. The hostess truly insisted that I bring him so I felt it would have been rude if I arrived without him. She is a former ambassador and very elegant and the guests (except me) are similarly elegant, so I wasn't quite sure how they would take to having a dog join them for T-giving dinner!!

So, we got there and they were ready to eat immediately. Catcher started whining in his little carrier, which I had positioned near my chair. The hostess sort of muttered that we couldn't have that!! Yikes, I was so worried that he wouldn't quit whining!! So, I put the carrier under the dining table, right beneath my feet. And miracle of miracles….. he quit whining!! Yea! He didn't utter a sound through the whole dinner!!

Then after dinner I took him out of the carrier and had him on a leash. He thought I was getting ready to leave and he didn't want to get out of his carrier because he wanted to make sure I didn't leave him. So, he kept running back to the carrier. All in all he was pretty mellow and charming. He was very sweet to everyone and she even invited him back for Christmas!

Here are some pics:

Here he is in the fabulous vest that chloeandj (Jodi) made for him.
However, after his bath he was just too fluffy for the vest. I had forgotten
how fluffy he gets after a bath. But the workmanship from Jodi was outstanding
and I highly recommend her!!! We'll save the great vest for another occasion.

Catcher in the car, ready for his adventure:

Rooms in the home we went to. The whole
house is like that so you can see why I could not possibly have
brought both K & C:

After we got home, Catcher was worn out from being so charming:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, Catcher had a very nice Thanksgiving… I was invited to someone’s home and she insisted that I bring K & C. Well, there is no way I could bring Kallie because she likes to dig and she is so very high strung when she is in unfamilar surroundings so it was agreed that I would just bring Catcher. The home I was going to is very "fancy" and I can just see Kallie trying to "dig to China" on her furniture and antique rugs
!!

I hate to say it but Catcher has not been anywhere much except the vet and groomer.
I know… that is just awful!!! So, I was a little conerned about how he might act but he is normally so mellow that I was counting on that. The hostess truly insisted that I bring him so I felt it would have been rude if I arrived without him. She is a former ambassador and very elegant and the guests (except me) are similarly elegant, so I wasn't quite sure how they would take to having a dog join them for T-giving dinner!!

So, we got there and they were ready to eat immediately. Catcher starting whining in his little carrier, which I had positioned near my chair. The hostess sort of muttered that we couldn't have that!! Yikes, I was so worried that he wouldn't quit whining!! So, I put the carrier under the dining table, right beneath my feet. And miracle of miracles….. he quit whining!! Yea! He didn’t utter a sound through the whole dinner!!

Then after dinner I took him out of the carrier and had him on a leash. He thought I was getting ready to leave and he didn’t want to get out of his carrier because he wanted to make sure I didn’t leave him. So, he kept running back to the carrier. All in all he was pretty mellow and charming. He was very sweet to everyone and she even invited him back for Christmas!

Here are some pics:

Here he is in the fabulous vest that chloeandj (Jodi) made for him.
However, after his bath he was just too fluffy for the vest. I had forgotten
how fluffy he gets after a bath. But the workmanship from Jodi was outstanding
and I highly recommend her!!! We'll save the great vest for another occasion.

Catcher in the car, ready for his adventure:

This is one of the rooms in the home we went to. The whole
house is like that so you can see why I could not possibly have
brought both K & C:

After we got home, Catcher was worn out from being so charming:
[/B]
Catcher is so cute!!! I can hardley wait until his nephew come to live with us. I hope he will be as charming as his Uncle Catcher.

Dianne

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well done Catcher
What a good little boy

I just love the fluffy look too and the vest is gorgeous on him

I have taken Scooby to other people's homes like when we visited aunt and uncle in Nebraska and they insisted on him having free run of the house. I wasn't sure of how Scooby would behave but he sure was a good little boy, after he had checked out the entire house and had a sticky beak in every room he finally just came and sat at his daddy's feet. Aunt and uncle were so impressed and fell in love with Scooby and said he is welcome in their home any time he comes to visit.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
WhooHooo for Catcher!!!!
Looking quite dapper in his vest!!! Glad he did so well!!! I bet you went "Oh, Oh!" When the hostess said, "We can't have that". YIKES
Great everything turned out well.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Catcher looks so handsome in his vest and Bijou and I are so proud of his double cousin. You need to take him out more often so more people can see him. Way to go Catcher.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Way to go Catcher
He looked so good in his vest and I just love the pic of him relaxing in his bed afterward. What a beautiful home you visited...you were very brave in taking him, but you probably knew he would be the good boy he was. Glad everything worked out so well.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
way to go catcher! he's so handsome. and it's simply exhausting being so charming and handsome, no wonder he needed a nap
the buttercup says that's why she sleeps all day LOL

ann marie and the "oooooooh catcher is VERY handsome!" buttercup

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Catcher is such a good boy! Were you able to enjoy the day, or were you so nervous that you couldn't really relax? I'd have been a wreck. So glad that it worked out so well. He looks so cute in the photos - especially the last one! Very adorable.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Catcher is such a good boy! Were you able to enjoy the day, or were you so nervous that you couldn't really relax? I'd have been a wreck. So glad that it worked out so well. He looks so cute in the photos - especially the last one! Very adorable.[/B]
Hi, well, yes, it was hard to relax because all through dinner I was afraid he would start barking or whining. And then when he was walking around, I was afraid he would urinate without warning. He was just amazingly good. He never even barked once. Whew!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Catcher is such a good boy! Were you able to enjoy the day, or were you so nervous that you couldn't really relax? I'd have been a wreck. So glad that it worked out so well. He looks so cute in the photos - especially the last one! Very adorable.[/B]
Hi, well, yes, it was hard to relax because all through dinner I was afraid he would start barking or whining. And then when he was walking around, I was afraid he would urinate without warning. He was just amazingly good. He never even barked once. Whew!
[/B]
Just have to share with you this story of Scrappy on a visit to see my sister's new home. He needed the toilet and sought out the downstairs bathroom himself.
my neice came to me to say Scrappy is in the doorway of the bathroom and keeps going back in and out so I went to check and Scrappy had toileted in there and was trying to tell us. (at home he always comes and tells me) I was sooo grateful as he could have quite easily used the brand new pink carpet
My sister now tells everyone how well trained Scrappy is LoL while I think it was just plumb goodluck LoL
[/B]
Awww, how cute. What a smart guy he is!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm glad he was such a good boy! He's a very handsome guy! Thank you for the compliments on the vest and thank you also for sharing the pics, I really enjoyed them.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
That was a cute story, he was such a good boy. Doesn't it make you so proud when they do what you really know they are capable of doing? And getting it right at the right time, is even more rewarding.

**Sassy would not have cared if the hostess was an Ambassador or the Queen of England, she would have wanted food! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.