Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
my cats are much cheaper, the only thing that scosts more is they have more vaccines. litter is cheap and they eat about the same at the dog. i buy parker stuff all the time though...like clothes, treats etc. the cats get a pouch of treats for $1 and that last a while. but maybe i give my cats the shaft and maybe some ppl spend more on their cats.

and also we maybe bathe the cats 2 times a year...parker gets over 12 baths a year and his shampoo is fancier

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
not sure might go back to the old one....unless i take some more pics while im on break then i will make a new one. there are some things i dont like about the other one i have so i might just redo it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My cats are a little more expensive than Brinkley because I have THREE of them. I use an automatic litterbox for one box, so that litter is more expensive...the other litter I get cheaper scoopable from Sam's and it lasts a long time. They eat alot and go through food faster than Brinkley...they are FAT!!!! I leave their food down all the time, or else they pester me and follow me around meowing
They are quite spoiled...but, their personalities are all so different...and much different than a dog's. I buy them toys, but now I have to very particular about them b/c many cat toys that are fun to them, Brinkley chews apart and could choke on the bell or whatever inside. That is frustrating.

I brush them, but I don't bathe them hardly ever...they are always inside. Two of the three have claws, so bathing would NOT be pleasurable.

The sad thing is...like I miss them when we leave to go somewhere...but not like I would Brinkley. One cat I am particulary fond of ....Little Bit....I was ready to get home to her when we left for Thanksgiving...she is my shadow, much like Brinkley. Since he came along, Callie doesn't come around much-and Spencer is up my son's butt...

Did I answer your question?!

PS-before Brinkley...I was a MAJOR cat person...I still LOVE my cats...but Brinkley has truly stolen my heart. If something happens to my cats, I don't know that I will ever have more than two at a time. I would like to have 2 cats and 2 dogs...in the house. That is not counting the ones outside that are really my husbands.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Well we tend to spend more on Caesar than out cats. A lot of the toys he plays with (the little balls) they play with too. We did go all out a couple years ago and bought them a "cat tree', which is like a 6 ft tall thing for them to climb up on that has 5 different platforms for htem to sit on. They love to sit up there and watch out the window.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Dec 9 2004, 11:22 AM
Well we tend to spend more on Caesar than out cats.  A lot of the toys he plays with (the little balls) they play with too.  We did go all out a couple years ago and bought them a "cat tree', which is like a 6 ft tall thing for them to climb up on that has 5 different platforms for htem to sit on.  They love to sit up there and watch out the window.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21590
[/QUOTE]

I want to get one of those for Christmas...that goes from floor to ceiling?!

My cats would love it!!!!

I think I am going to get one of the cat tunnels that I saw on here for like 15$ too...hubby thinks I am NUTS! We are SO out of room in our house...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 9 2004, 10:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Dec 9 2004, 11:22 AM
Well we tend to spend more on Caesar than out cats.  A lot of the toys he plays with (the little balls) they play with too.  We did go all out a couple years ago and bought them a "cat tree', which is like a 6 ft tall thing for them to climb up on that has 5 different platforms for htem to sit on.  They love to sit up there and watch out the window.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21590

I want to get one of those for Christmas...that goes from floor to ceiling?!

My cats would love it!!!!

I think I am going to get one of the cat tunnels that I saw on here for like 15$ too...hubby thinks I am NUTS! We are SO out of room in our house...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21592
[/B][/QUOTE]
No ours doesnt go up to the ceiling. We actually bought it off of ebay from a guy who made them. It came unassembled so we had to put the platforms together, but he had really easy to read directions. He has everything carpeted and it has one pole covered with that stuff they like to scratch. If i can figure out who we got it from I iwll give u the info, it was 99.00 plus shipping, which is cheap compared to the ones in the store. Also its very thick and sturdy. I have even sat on the lowest platform to be tall enough to clean off the top platform when one of them puked, and it didnt break. :D I want to get the tunnel thing too, but we don't have enough room in this apt. We are gonna move to a bigger one in another town when I graduate in May so we will forsure get one then. :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
new years! great idea ....i will have to do that!

we have a puny cat tree we need a bigger one, but they charge so much for them. we said at one time we would make one. maybe one day.

its hard for me to go by price b/c i get pet food sooooo cheap. i get 20lbs a month for free and i pay 3$ for 10lb bag 5$ for 20lb and 10$ for 40lb and 5$ for a case of cans. i will miss these prices once i get out of school. of course by then i can afford the food.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts