Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CBD oil for dogs. . . IF you use one please let me know either here or by PM what kind you use, how much & how often. I am thinking of trying one for Kitzel's joints--he is suffering!

Modern Dog Magazine compared different kinds in an article thy posted today, but I would like PERSONAL recommendations IF someone from here uses them.
TIA

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I used it for Bogie when his dementia got bad, but it didn't have any noticeable effect.
Sorry, I can't be of any help.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Hi Sandi, do you remember when my daughter's fluff was diagnosed with cancer, Tammy decided she would try CBD oil on him, she talked with her vet and he agreed that it might help him to live a little longer.
He actually lived a couple months past what her vet had told her.
She bought it from EVOQ beauty, she would send me pictures so I witnessed how the lump shrunk
It wasn't a cure all but it relived the pain and he had many good days.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine have now been on CBD oil for a couple of months---although sometimes I forget to give it to them. It does help them sleep & thus, I sleep better! They use one called BALANCE---expensive but worth it to me! My vet can not officially recommend it to me where we live, but is waiting until it is legal & will officially jump on board. They are on the 300 MG one & I am on the 3000 full spectrum select from Charleston Hemp Company---it also has made a huge difference in my ability to sleep. I don't take other meds so no interactions here. I have severe back spasams & sometimes occipital headaches (have not had officially full-blown headache since I started). I have stopped my neurological appts for shots for headaches & will (for the immediate future) continue w/the CBD oil. I started this during our "lock-down" and now am more happy w/the CBD results than w/the shots. Sometimes when we are in lots of pain we take steps we might not otherwise have attempted. :)

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,875 Posts
I am glad it is working out for them and for you. It is hard finding one you can trust. In a weird twist of legislation, in MA, CBD is legal to possess, but only legal to sell if it is made from cannabis and is sold in dispensories. In reality, it is sold in lots of stores and on the internet. My understanding is it has something to do with a lack of FDA approval.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used CBD oil for my dog with cancer. I did this to ease her pain and the symptoms of this terrible disease. It was the worst time of my life, I saw my dog, my best friend, suffer every day. I thought for a long time whether I should use CBD oil, I was not sure that this attempt would be successful. Then I started looking for information on the Internet and found several articles and reviews on https://moderndogmagazine.com/articles/best-cbd-oil-dogs/132218, about CBD oil for dogs. The articles were all positive. The CBD oil helped my dog a lot. Unfortunately, my dog died a month ago, but I am glad that it happened without suffering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts