Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

CC Fusion Brass Pin Brush

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  myfairlacy 
#1 ·
Mercedes has a very thick coat. I am finding matts close to her skin. I use a maden brush but I think her coat is so thick that I am not getting close enough to her skin. I tried the Fusion brush at a dog show and loved it but hated the 40 dollar price. I am wondering if anyone has one and likes it or can suggest a brush for thick coats.

Cathy

#4 ·
Knowing that thick coat...you need to be line brushing her. No brush will get down to the skin unless you are line brushing. That means flip her coat back, brush in small sections so you can see you are down to the skin. Go through with a comb after. I find it easiest to have my dogs lay on their side for brushing.

#22 ·
This is the way I had to do Sassy when she was in full coat. Combing afterwards ensures that you don't miss any little tangles that can turn into a big mat.

I ordered the CC brush a couple of yrs. ago and I didn't like it. I love my Madan brushes. Are you sure you are using the correct color brush? The different colors are for different coats.

#5 ·
Yes, when you brush flip or clip the hair out of the way and section a little at a time to brush. Sort of like a hair stylist does when cutting wet hair. Start with the underside and work your way to the top of the coat.

#6 ·
Everyone has great suggestions. But I have to say the 40$ was worth it to me for Cadeau's very thick coat. The CC brush is my favorite on him. The Madan works fine on my girls, but the CC is the way to go for a thicker coat. My biggest issue with the price was having to pay it twice. The first time I brought that brush to a dog show I lost it. UGH!!! So if you do buy it, just be sure to keep a close watch.

#9 ·
I may be the odd man out, but I hated the CC Fusion brush, I'd loved my Gold series brush so I jumped on the Fusion brush when it came out since it was pocket sized. I sold it two weeks after I got it for $15! Sorry, Cathy!

The CC Buttercombs are wonderful. As JMM said, go through her coat after you brush her with the comb. They really do glide through like butter.

#10 ·
I have both the CC brushes (fusion & gold series) and I prefer the fusion.....I actually have them in all the sizes...........I also do the line flip brush method and it allows you to do a deeper brush and doing it daily, you will find a lot less matts. I also use the madan brushes (have all the colors but black)..........I will always have the CC brushes as part of my groomig tools!

#11 ·
I have the regular CC pin brush and love it. Do the gold and fusion have pins that don't give as much? Or are they all about the same? My current pin brush works great on my yorkies, but I know when I get my Maltese she'll probably have a thicker silk coat than my yorkies do. I may buy one of the more expensive CC brushes this summer at one of the big dog shows I always go to..just wondering which one I should go with.

#12 ·
:blush:I know most say don't use a slicker brush on a Maltese coat---but I use one on Shoni. (Just on a dry coat, not when wet) It is a very soft cat slicker, a tiny one. I've had it for many years and haven't seen one this soft with real short wires for a long time. It is made by Four Paws. I got a lot more expensive one from All Systems that I can't use. It is as small, but not soft and easy on Shoni like the little cat one.

If I was growing coat and wanted to show him of course it would be out, but with a 3" coat it is wonderful. I also have the Fusion pocket brush and love it for finishing, and on tummy, after the slicker has gotten all the way to the skin on the body coat. His coat is very thick. I also use a butter comb at the end, and always use the tiny face comb (all CC) on face.

#15 ·
Okay, I'm on the CC website ... but have no idea which butter comb to order. Can someone tell me the differences in the various butter combs?

I don't want to order a couple of them, and then find I just need one ... I already did that with the Madan brushes. :blush:

Thanks bunches!! Jules

#17 ·
I guess I better go ahead and invest in this comb,LOL I am thinking Miss D is going to have her Daddy's coat. She has some pretty thick fur already and it's getting long fast! I have already had to comb out a couple of mats, not bad ones, but a mat none the less. The madan got it out, but I could tell Miss D wasn't liking that I was brushing it out so close to her skin.

#19 ·
I have this CC brass pin brush and I think it's okay. Honestly I don't use it so much..every now and then but not every day. I usually use a grooming comb on her instead- and I find that works better for us. It was a gift to me (the CC brush) and honestly I don't think I would have spent $40 -or whatever- on it myself. I do admit on using the CC brush on myself though..and like it more for me than for her!

#24 ·
According to the company, there is a difference in colors. Jenny got this information directly from the company:

BLUE & GREEN are very soft. They have the softest cushion, best for sensitive skin & for the Ring.
BABY BLUE, ORANGE, & PINK are soft, great for both silky & cottony coats, ideal for everyday use.
RED & PURPLE is medium soft, good for thicker hair & recommended for everyday grooming. Also great for cats & people.
BLACK is standard soft for denser hair.
BLACK w/RED cushion is firm, best for removing undercoat & heavier coarse hair.

toplinepet.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.