Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so If I can only get one thing at a time...what order should I get which products from Chris Christensen?

The Pin Brush...what size and shape would be the best

The Butter Comb?

White one white Shampoo

Ice On Ice

anything I am forgetting?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have the #006 buttercomb and love it. I also have the sample kit of the Day to Day shampoo, Thick n' Thicker conditioner, After Rinse, and Ice on Ice. I love them all. My mom is going to buy the full size version of each for the girls for Christmas. They make both girls SO SOFT!!! The sample kit is only $10.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I also have the #006 and couldn't live without it. In fact, I have two of them. I misplaced mine for a couple of weeks and decided to order a replacement. Of course, 2 days after I ordered it, I found the first one under the couch cushion.
I don't mind having 2 though. I keep one in the car for quick face grooming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie@Nov 13 2005, 06:21 PM
OK so If I can only get one thing at a time...what order should I get which products from Chris Christensen?

The Butter Comb?

White one white Shampoo

Ice On Ice

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119320
[/QUOTE]

Since your baby will be so tiny when you get her I would first get the #006 buttercomb for the face. Her hair will be short and this comb is great for the face and tail. It is a small comb and is easy to use on that tiny face. I also have the #000 buttercomb for the body. That would be a good choice for you, too. I just ordered these 2 combs last week and love them. I would also recommend the day to day shampoo instead of the white on white shampoo for a while because it is more gentle for a puppy. I tried a whitening shampoo (not CC) on *Tink* when she was 4 mos. old and it dried her skin out so much. She was so itchy. It was January when I used it so that could have contributed to the dryness. Also, the Ice on Ice is great for everyday brushing and detangling. If you allow her hair to grow long I would recommend the gold series 35mm brush. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie@Nov 13 2005, 06:21 PM

The Butter Comb?

White one white Shampoo

Ice On Ice

[/QUOTE]

I would recommend the Day to Day Shampoo and the Day to Day Conditioner in lieu of the White on White Shampoo. Also the Ice on Ice would be great to have. Honestly......I do NOT like the 8 1/2" pin brush. I personally like a smaller brush. I have the 35mm gold Series brush and I am sending it back. I guess it is probably a good finishing brush, but you can not use it for just brushing. This is just my personal preference. I love the other products, but I do not like this gigantic brush. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy+Nov 14 2005, 02:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-HollyHobbie
@Nov 13 2005, 06:21 PM

The Butter Comb?

White one white Shampoo

Ice On Ice

I would recommend the Day to Day Shampoo and the Day to Day Conditioner in lieu of the White on White Shampoo. Also the Ice on Ice would be great to have. Honestly......I do NOT like the 8 1/2" pin brush. I personally like a smaller brush. I have the 35mm gold Series brush and I am sending it back. I guess it is probably a good finishing brush, but you can not use it for just brushing. This is just my personal preference. I love the other products, but I do not like this gigantic brush. :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119424
[/B][/QUOTE]
I agree that this brush is very large. I have the 27mm gold pin brush, and while I love how it glides through the hair, the head of the brush is so large for these small dogs. I use the brush though, and it has made a wonderful difference in her coat. I also have the fine tooth rattail comb and the mark I slicker. I haven't ordered Ice on Ice yet, but I'll be making that plunge soon.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If I were you, I would get one of the trial packs of 4 of the day to day shampoo and see if you like it. I personally don't like their shampoos and conditioners, they were very drying for us. The ice on ice seems to be the same as something called "the stuff" which I believe is silicone (drying) which I used with luck on a shorter coat, so maybe ok for you, but something to think of. Too dry for us
I keep going back to my Bless the Beasts (love it) because I dont have to brush as often, her hair seems to stay cleaner longer, and its super soft.

The CC brushes and combs are great though. I have the 000 buttercomb. Its great because it has wide teeth on one side and closer on the other so its like two in one. I too, have lost them in the sofa! The brush I have I also love its more of a rectangle shape and 27 mm (not gold series).

Dooly :"Other than on this site, I've never heard of CC products. Am I missing something? Is there something about the products that makes them really great? i was browsing through the site and it seems like a lot of money for brushes..?"

The ends of the comb, and bristles on the brush are very smoothed and polished, so it feels nice on your skin compared to other brushes. I really like the quality...

All hair is different so you have to find out what works for you though, just my observations

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the input it really helped alot...I think I am going to order the small comb and the day to day sample kit. To get me started and see what I like.

Besides CC and Bless this beast is there any other good shampoos.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by dooly@Nov 14 2005, 07:34 AM
Other than on this site, I've never heard of CC products.  Am I missing something?  Is there something about the products that makes them really great?  i was browsing through the site and it seems like a lot of money for brushes..?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119433
[/QUOTE]

I have the 27 mm gold series brush, the #000 buttercomb and the Mark I slicker.

The CC products are a lot of money for brushes and combs, but they've made a believer out of me! Lady loves being groomed with these products, no fidgeting or squirming. If she were a cat, she'd purr! She actually lay down yesterday for the first time ever she was so relaxed!

I love the Ice on Ice, too. It's the best grooming spray I've used. Not only does it make her coat shiny and managable, it doesn't leave her wet like most of the others do.

Next on my list is the face comb.....!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Nov 14 2005, 01:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dooly
@Nov 14 2005, 07:34 AM
Other than on this site, I've never heard of CC products.  Am I missing something?  Is there something about the products that makes them really great?  i was browsing through the site and it seems like a lot of money for brushes..?

The CC products are a lot of money for brushes and combs, but they've made a believer out of me! Lady loves being groomed with these products, no fidgeting or squirming. If she were a cat, she'd purr! She actually lay down yesterday for the first time ever she was so relaxed!

I love the Ice on Ice, too. It's the best grooming spray I've used. Not only does it make her coat shiny and managable, it doesn't leave her wet like most of the others do.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119496
[/B][/QUOTE]
Marj, which one is the face comb? I have the rattail which I love for making top knots with all your beautiful bows. BTW, when are you going to post some new holiday bows? I'm itching for another order.....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Nov 14 2005, 12:45 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2005, 01:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dooly
@Nov 14 2005, 07:34 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119496

[/QUOTE]
Marj, which one is the face comb? I have the rattail which I love for making top knots with all your beautiful bows. BTW, when are you going to post some new holiday bows? I'm itching for another order.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119502
[/B][/QUOTE]

The #006 is the face comb.

http://www.chrissystems.com/combs.htm

I've been working on more bows! I figured I'd post them right after Thanksgiving since I'll be away that weekend! Anyway, the day after Thanksgiving officially kicks off Christmas for me!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 14 2005, 12:16 PM
The CC products are a lot of money for brushes and combs, but they've made a believer out of me!

Well I'm a believer that you should just get something that you know is good to start with than to mess around and waste more money tring out other things that you are not as happy with and end up buying the one you wanted to start with.

man this waiting sure is costing me a bundle lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts