Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what about the gold series brush??? has anyone tried it and is it that much better?? I am taking forever to order CC essentials because i want the best for Kenji. I'm thinking about getting a good brush, slicker and a buttercomb. He's got fairly short hair now... 2 inches... but i am planning to grow his hair out long and would like to have the brushes and combs to accommodate his long hair later. can anyone please help me?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I have one dog with a silk coat and one with a slightly soft but still single coat. I found the CC brushes didn't have enough "give" for my liking. I prefer to use the #1 All Systems pin brushes (27 mm with the white pad). If your dog has a thicker, heavy coat, the CC brush is probably just right.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I agree with JMM, it depends on Kenji's coat. My Lady doesn't have the lovely coat her Mikey has, Lady's is thick and cottony in some places, silkier in others. The CC gold series brush works wonderfully on her coat, better that the A#1 All Systems pin brush that I had been using for years.

How old is Kenji now? If he's still a puppy, you might want to wait until his adult coat comes in before spending $40 (that includes shipping) on a brush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts