Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Thank god my baby's finally better!! Let me tell you what she's been through! Last Monday she was spayed, and the vet also had to pull 10 baby teeth out!!! Yikes.. All her 4 canine teeth still there!! (How many teeth do they have anyway??).
She came home Tuesday. All night she threw up!! All night... I could actually feel her body "dehydrating' as she is SO TINY... 3lbs. Wenesday morning rushed her back to the vet where I knew her sugar was comming down. Gave her a glucose test and it was 58... It normally is supposed to be 60-100. We had her hydrated there and picked her up at 4:30PM that same day. Got thru all Tuesday nite w/nutrical & babyfood. Well, Thursday she got Diarea... Got flagil medicine & the ver=t put her on Hill ID food.
I started giving her this food mixed w/baby food. Thank goodness she ate it! It has been since Friday that I have been giving her the hills ID 3 X daily, and now I do NOT put babyfood in it. I now mix it with her hard food which I chop into small pieces and I also put some dried carrots in. I can't get her to eat the Merrick Puppy Plate by itself anymore... She just turns up her nose... Today she does not want to even eat 1/2 a Solid Gold "Tiny Tot" buscuit, which she was eating 2 and 1/2 per day before the surgery... Please advise me as to get her back to healthy eating...
Jellybn1 I'M SO UPSET!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Well, I wish Cha Cha a speedy recovery....I wouldn't be worried about what she eats as long as she eats. Give her kisses and cuddles from us.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Sorry to hear ChaCha was sick. Hopefully, she will start to feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I sure hope ChaCha is feeling much better now, probably her mouth was sore and she didn't feel like eating hard food, I wouldn't worry too much as long as she is eating something. She will settle back to her normal pattern once her mouth is healed an she is feeling much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts