Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,you all have shared in the Lamby story,so I want to know what you all think about this.
Ok as Robyn was taking us to the airport I was telling her a story about my Gandmother(Who has been gone a long time)
My Grandmother was very short & ornery.Everone used to tease her when she was onery. They would tell her ..GERTI MAE ( her name was Gertrude Mae) you are orney as Cat ****.And she would repley..Who ME ...Im a meek little soul ! I said Lamby reminds me of her alot in that way. Robyn and Jason think I should change Lambys name to..Gerti Mae...

So what do you all think?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Mar 11 2005, 12:35 PM
Ok,you all have shared in the Lamby story,so I want to know what you all think about this.
Ok as Robyn was taking us to the airport I was telling her a story about my Gandmother(Who has been gone a long time)
My Grandmother was very short & ornery.Everone used to tease her when she was onery. They would tell her ..GERTI  MAE ( her name was Gertrude Mae) you are orney as Cat ****.And she would repley..Who ME ...Im a meek little soul ! I said Lamby reminds me of her alot in that way. Robyn and Jason think I should change Lambys name to..Gerti Mae...

So what do you all think?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42188
[/QUOTE]

I love it! I love the story that goes with it!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If you want. Didnt Robyn use to call her something different every week?!?! lol I really love the name Lamby because she looks like one!

ORRRRR You can get another girl and call her Gerti-mae! LOL

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think that is adorable!! "Sisse" is the name Joe use to call his older sister all the time, she recently passed away.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I say do it too! Gerti May is adorable! She has a brand new life to lead, she may as well start fresh. (But she will always be Lamby in our hearts).
Quincymom

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I love the name "Lamby" but it doesn't seem as cute when you actually say it.....it comes out kind of "Lammmy". So I vote for Gerti Mae!

My lab at Rainbow Bridge is called Gertie so I'm partial.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Holliberry@Mar 11 2005, 12:48 PM
I love Gerti!  Its funny we always called my Holli gramma!  I wonder what it is that reminded us so much of our grammy too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42197
[/QUOTE]
In my case it was cause my Grams was so short and orney.And always said ..Im a meek soul. And Lamby is tiny and orney and has that soulfull look in her eyes !

·
Registered
96 Posts
Allright

As the ever so opinionated foster Mom HAAHAA!

I LOVE Gertie Mae. I LOVE the story and I think its fittin! First of all she can be as Ornery as cat****, but she looks at you with those big black eyes and that pitiful "Who Me" Miss innocent look and it FITS! HAHA Of course I am partial and I think little girls should have little girl names. HAHA!

Did you all see her picture and her big blacks she bats at you???? LOL Miss innocent indeed! Teehee!

She is such a love and teeny tiny and ornery. I Vote for Gertie Mae!

Robyn
who was fooled many a time by those precocious eyes!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Heres the Gertrude Meanings I could find and they FIT!
(Am I being persuasive enough heeheehee)

Meaning: Adored Warrior
Origin: German

AND....

Gertrude

Variations: Gerda, Gertie, Trudy.

Innocent, sincere, and bright-eyed, Trudy is nevertheless almost as outdated as Gertrude, the name it’s short for.

And
Gertrude Female German spear maiden

:eek:)

Does that help?
Robyn

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i think it's perfect. absolutely perfect!

noselicks and peanut butter dreams from the buttercup (named after the Powerpuff Girl and who works hard every day to live up to that reputation!)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I was very close with my grandma too she died in 1999 i missed her deeply so when i got pg with my 3rd child i wanted to honor her and name my daughter after her her name was Katherine , so i name my daughter katherine marie katie for short , my grandma always called me denise marie and now i call my daughter katie marie after grandma so i say go for it1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts