Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everything has been going great with Charlie so far. Granted, she hates being brushed, but from what I read it seems like a common puppy problem.

Anyways, during the day she stays at home with my boyfriend and today he was trying to clean some lunch off of her "eyebrow" and she freaked out! Yelped super loud, squeeled and ran under the couch. He tried coaxing her out for three hours and she wouldn't budge. When I came home I simply called for her and out she came, wagging her tail! I tought that was the end of it, but whenever my boyfriend calls for her or goes towards her she hightails it back under couch! What can I do to get her back to normal? I don't want a skiddish dog

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I wonder what the story according to your dog is...
Your boyfriend may have unintentionally hurt her w/o realizing it.

Either way, just be patient. If your boyfriend doesn't cause any harm to her then he would eventually get over this incident.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sit next to your boyfriend while hold her. Have him start rubbing her head and talking in low tone, as he takes her from you. She will come around and not be scared. Some times when Puddles does something wrong, he will no way come to you. I always have to pay him no attention and he will then come around.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
It's amazing how these little furkids remember things. Scooby slipped on the wood floor in hubby's computer room and now he refuses to even go in the door. He used to always sleep in there in his bed but not any more and this happened weeks ago. Now he won't walk on any floor that doesn't have a rug or carpet.
I think though with a little coaxing Charlie will rebuild the trust for your b/f and forget about the little incident.
I find with Scooby he gets embarrassed if he goofs off and comes unstuck, sort of like he has made a fool of himself in front of us, so he avoids getting into that situation. I must admit it does have it's advantages though because if I am busy in the kitchen and I don't want him underfoot I simply remove the mat in there and he just sits at the edge of the carpet and watches me. He is safer there out of the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts