Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in Kodie's thread about computers having radiation, and okw said she lived 90 miles near Chernobyl. WEll, my bf emailed me this website: Chernobyl site

I think many people have already seen it, but I thought I ought to post in on a separate thread because I think it is very interesting and informative. It has lots of pictures and descriptions and makes you think about Chernobyl in a personal way...I never saw any pictures before this site! Hope you like it!

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I thought it was a great website. She mentioned at one point, that after the accident happened, the goverment was slow to notify everyone! That was certainly the case. We didn't know for at least a week and yet we were living right on the edge of evacuation zome. Lots of our dairy products and other foods were coming from that area and were contaminated (we still continued to consume those even once we knew
) . My family and I haven't had any health problems. However, I do have an uncle who was recently diagnosed with a very rare type of sarcoma (in a muscle of his leg) and a pretty young cousin with melanoma.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Look for a program called "Chernobyl Hearts" documentary. It will totally move anyone that has a pulse. Horrible crimes of humanity, in my opinion, that the government did not respond appropriately...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually read on some site, some government site, that there were no side effects whatsoever after Chernobyl, and only 20 or so people died...what a farse! And to try to cover up something this huge is ridiculous.

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Jun 6 2005, 05:54 PM
I actually read on some site, some government site, that there were no side effects whatsoever after Chernobyl, and only 20 or so people died...what a farse!  And to try to cover up something this huge is ridiculous.

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69757
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for posting this information. I found it facinating, though spine tingling. As I read, I thought of the impact if something like that happened here.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Wow,

Thank you for posting such an incredible journey to find truth...too bad she is not able to get the story out in a bigger way. She obviously is a hero.

Susan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts