Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Abby a cute little bed before I got her. She's been really good with it - she uses it as her "day bed" (she sleeps in her crate at night, or in bed with me
) but has lately started to chew the material sides of it.

I went home a lunch today and the little ratbag has pulled the zipper off the pillow and shredded the stuffing all through my kitchen!!

I'm not overly concerned about it as it wasn't expensive, but how can I stop this behaviour before she does it to something that really matters?
Do I just spray it with bitter apple spray? I would have thought because it was her day bed, it would make her not want to lay in it....??

Is it because she is bored maybe? Do any of you give your babies Kongs to have when you go out? I have been considering this for a little while... anyone think they are worth it? Any ideas of what to put in them?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it sounds like the kong mightn't be the way to go.... thanks for the input on that everyone - they aren't cheap here, so I appreciate being told before I wasted my money!!

I'm going over to the pet store today to buy some Eukanuba (or whatever I decide on when I get there!), so I will have a look at what they have there.

You guys made me realise something - I have this little chew ring type thing that's made of a similar type material to the kong, and Abby doesn't use it at all. If I put it on her mat or in her bed, she moves it, but that's about it.

I have dentabones, so maybe a nylabone is the way to go. I'll have a look at the range and talk to the lady and see what she says....

I agree with maxismom & 2happymalts, I think it might have been a mix between a statement to me - "Don't leave me at home. I want to come with you" and just out of sheer delight at ripping something to shreds. :wacko: LOL

I'm actually considering setting up my spare room (I live by myself in a two bedroom cottage) as a play room for Abby to put her in during the day, with lots of activities and stuff.... what do you guys think??

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by TikisMom@Nov 2 2004, 04:57 PM
Tiki hasn't chewed up his bed, but he has pulled all the stuffing out of a quilt that had a few loose threads on it.  I think it started with the threads and as he pulled the threads the fabric pulled up and he found that delightful stuffing.  Last night I found that he had pulled two very large handfuls of stuffing out and "buried" it in the couches.  I knew I should be mad, but it just made me laugh...... they are just to cute to scold!

Judi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14504
[/QUOTE]

So true! I couldn't get up her - I just felt bad for her 'cos I thought she might be getting at me! Mind you, I left home at 8am and this was at 12pm, so 4 hours. She wasn't locked up, she had the kitchen and dining area, lots of toys, food and water, potty pads, you name it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.