Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your fluffs can tolerate chicken - this is a wonderful "treat" for them.

Boneless, skinless chicken breast's - fat removed

Cover chicken with water and boil until cooked throughly.

Remove chicken, allow to cool - set in fridge.

SAVE the booth from the chicken - in glass bowl, allow to cool - place in fridge.

Peel, wash and cut carrots and sweet potatoes - cook. - allow to cool, set in fridge.

Place frozen green beans in a small amount of water - heat through. - set in fridge.

After all of the ingredients have cooled - diced chicken finely.

Run carrots through a food mill or food processor - do the same process with the green beans. Mash the potatoes.

You’re getting there -

Take a muffin pan - place the chicken on the bottom - the sweet potatoes, green beans - and carrots on top (I also use canned pumpkin in mine) I layer everything - add enough booth to cover the ingredients - place in freezer - allow to freeze completely, place the frozen "soups" in a plastic bag - - - defrost for 1 min in microwave or heat until melted - serve, very slightly luke warm -

I make this all winter long - my fluffs have always loved it -

I hope that yours will also.

Allie

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
If your fluffs can tolerate chicken - this is a wonderful "treat" for them.

Boneless, skinless chicken breast's - fat removed

Cover chicken with water and boil until cooked throughly.

Remove chicken, allow to cool - set in fridge.

SAVE the booth from the chicken - in glass bowl, allow to cool - place in fridge.

Peel, wash and cut carrots and sweet potatoes - cook. - allow to cool, set in fridge.

Place frozen green beans in a small amount of water - heat through. - set in fridge.

After all of the ingredients have cooled - diced chicken finely.

Run carrots through a food mill or food processor - due the same with the green beans. Mash the potatoes.

You’re getting there -

Take a muffin pan - place the chicken on the bottom - the sweet potatoes, green beans - and carrots on top (I also use canned pumpkin in mine) I layer everything - add enough booth to cover the ingredients - place in freezer - allow to freeze completely, place the frozen "soups" in a plastic bag - - - defrost for 1 min in microwave or heat until melted - serve, very slightly luke warm -

I make this all winter long - my fluffs have always loved it -

I hope that yours will also.

Allie
Allie - my DH and DS would love it too:) That's a frequent breakfast meal for Tyler. I'm so dumb that I keep making new batches for him. I should really do more frozen. So much easier:) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Thanks

I am making this tomorrow! thanks for sharing:chili::chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Question????

do you boil the chicken in just water or broth? someting like, Swanson chicken broth low sodium ??????

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you boil the chicken in just water or broth? someting like, Swanson chicken broth low sodium ??????
Just water - no salt, no fat - nothing but the chicken, and water for the brooth - they really do love it!:blush:

You can see after I defrost the "soup" how yummy it looks - my husband will defrost one for himself and add a litle salt to it - :huh:

Let me know how it goes :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wish mine could eat chicken too. :( it looks really yummy, i wonder if i could substitute some other protein. Than you Allie for the recipe. :)

Hi Debbie,

I have made this soup with beef, turkey and white fish also - Barron and Lucy like the turkey or chicken the best. The winters are cold here, so I have always had soup made for my fluffs.

Adding the pumpkin is great fiber for the fluffs - just a teaspoon :)

Allie

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allie - my DH and DS would love it too:) That's a frequent breakfast meal for Tyler. I'm so dumb that I keep making new batches for him. I should really do more frozen. So much easier:) Thanks!

Sue,

I make enough for two weeks at a time - freezing them is so easy - you don't have concern yourself with food safety.

My husband does eat them - if I am out - he'll heat one or two for himself and add spices to it - I tell him to leave the fluffs stuff alone! :blush:

Allie

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Hi Debbie,

I have made this soup with beef, turkey and white fish also - Barron and Lucy like the turkey or chicken the best. The winters are cold here, so I have always had soup made for my fluffs.

Adding the pumpkin is great fiber for the fluffs - just a teaspoon :)

Allie

Thanks Allie, i'll try it with the beef since i have one that is allergic to all poultry turkey isn't an option. :(

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If we made it with white fish, any idea how much fish I should buy?

It does sound yummy ... now I'm hongry! :HistericalSmiley:

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I love making healthy home cooked meals for my babies. Thanks for this great little feast. Even though we live in Florida, we do get cold spells from time to time during the winter months (it is all relative! LOL) so I am sure they will absolutely love it! I loved the pumpkin idea and also changing out the protein. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks so much for this wonderful wintertime recipie. My babies will love it. I cannot wait to try it. I like the pumpkin idea, and I also like trying different proteins, too. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What a great idea freezing them in muffin tins. Is this a meal or a snack?
I can't wait to try this. Thanks:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts