Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all well chico was in trouble last night ans wasnt allowed to sleep with us
he peed in my bed for the 3rd and last time. i made sure i took him t9o the pad before bed like i always do and he wouldnt go then we went upstairs and he went on my hubbys side then jumped off the bed .then about 15 mins later my hubby came to bed after his shower and the after a min said what is wet!!!!! OH NOOOOO he didit !!! oh yes he did a huge pee stain on my bed . so off he went to the crate downstairs. my hubby said no more and i cant say i blame him we are getting a new bedroom set wit mattress and all soon i hope and he wont chance again on a new expensive set oh but i am so sad that he wont be in bed with us anymore he is so sweet when he sleeps on my head . for those of you who have 2 malts can i put them in a 3ft by 3ft cage overnight together do you think they will fight?they get along well but im thinking if one cant get away at all that might nbe trouble
~ Denise

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Do you think that when the bed is big they pee on it? My bed is still only a twin size
-_- and kodie has never peed on it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 10 2005, 02:40 PM
hi all well chico was in trouble last night ans wasnt allowed to sleep with us 
he peed in my bed for the 3rd and last time. i made sure i took him t9o the pad before bed like i always do and he wouldnt go then  we went upstairs and he went on my hubbys side then jumped off the bed .then about 15 mins later my hubby came to bed after his shower and the after a min said what is wet!!!!! OH NOOOOO he didit !!! oh yes he did a huge pee stain on my bed . so off he went to the crate downstairs. my hubby said no more and i cant say i blame him we are getting a new bedroom set wit mattress and all soon i hope and he wont chance again on a new expensive set oh but i am so sad that he wont be in bed with us anymore he is so sweet when he sleeps on my head . for those of you who have 2 malts can i put them in a 3ft by 3ft cage overnight together do you think they will fight?they get along well but im thinking if one cant get away at all that might nbe trouble
~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41869
[/QUOTE]

That is the worst! I wonder what has made him do it more than once?
Brink did one time when he was tiny...and one time not too long ago...I think the second time was b/c he was playing with the cat and didn't want to stop to potty. :new_Eyecrazy: Anyway, I SOAKED it in Nature's Miracle and then flipped the mattress after it dried... he hasn't done it since...

It would break my heart to kick Brink out of the bed too...but that did really tick me off!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 10 2005, 02:52 PM
Do you think that when the bed is big they pee on it?  My bed is still only a twin size
  -_-  and kodie has never peed on it. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41871
[/QUOTE]

Ehh, I doubt it
Dunno though. Cuz mines a queen and Lucy's never peed on it.. maybe she just figures it's HER bed, so she doesn't wanna pee on it lol. I guess Kodie and Lucy are just good little malties

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sunny only did that once, and we were at a hotel (i dont know if thats a good or a bad thing lol). Can chico get out of the bed if he wants to? maybe he just didnt have to pee till he got up there and then he couldnt get down? i dont know really just a guess because now that Sunny can get out of the bed himself (the bed is kinda low and he is kinda big) if he is gonna have an accident, which isnt very often anymore anyways, he will jump out of bed and go pee someplace else

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut pees on my bed when he is VERY mad at me. If I have a long day at work, minutes after I come home he will pee on the bed. It hasn't happened in a long time, but a friend of mine said that when the new puppy finally comes home, Peanut will probably start peeing on my bed again
After Peanut got neutered he peed on my bed two nights in a row. I just got a new mattress too so I was sure to buy the waterproof mattress cover...better safe than sorry.
Could Chico be jealous of Buddy? Just an idea

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi all i dont knoew if it is a jealously thing because buddy doesnt sleep with us from the beginning he always slept with my son . i am really stuped because he can get down and has ... peed on my bedroom rug
grrrrr. but at least he jumped off my bed . we have a queen size and he gets constant attetion. maybe there was a trace of it from the last time /. i dont know maybe i will go and get the waterproof cover but will he be able o smell anyrthing tru that even though i cleaned it wityh natures miracle?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 10 2005, 04:26 PM
maybe there was a trace of it from the last time /. i dont know maybe i will go and get the waterproof cover but will he be able o smell anyrthing tru that even though i cleaned it wityh natures miracle?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41923
[/QUOTE]
That could be it. I thought I cleaned an accident very well, but Peanut kept returning to the same spot for a while(this was when we were potty training). The bottle of Nature's Miracle tells you that you really have to soak whatever was peed on and that it's the drying process that actually gets rid of the traces. I also read that if you use a different cleaner first, it might actually set the stain/trace of pee, into the fabric, so that the Nature's Miracle will not work. It also says something about a blacklight that will help you see the pee spot. I'm not sure if he'll be able to smell the pee through the matress cover though. Sorry I rambled

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i thinkhe's trying to say to buddy...that its his territory, you know?

one time, my brothers dog stayed over (simba) and we gave simba one of gruffis dog beds. and then simba would walk on it...never used it and after a week of staying out our house, he left. he was blocked off into the kitchen area so gruffi never got near him.

ANYWAY...(sorry this is long), after simba left, gruffi peed on that dog bed.

...then we had to throw it away... LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I don't think the size of the bed has anything to do with it. We have a king size bed and Alex never peed on it. He has never peed on any bed. I would rather think he is jaleous of the other dog you added, that is if he only started doing it since you added the new puppy.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I was going to start a topic about this but then saw this one. Fantasia peed on the bed yesterday and it's not the first time either! She has done it several times before and always in a different spot. Yesterday it was right next to my pillow on my side. I hate having to wash everything all the time. We have to go to the laundry mat to wash the blanket because it's too big for my washer and dryer. It's such a pain since she does it like 2-3 times a year at least. I never know when she's going to do it either. She did it once after my brother and sister in law slept on our bed once so I thought it was that. She also did it after my family visited so I thought it was stress. Then she just started doing it whenever. She did it once when we left her home alone all day (and left the steps to the bed up). Then she started doing it in the mornings when John was getting ready for work or just after he left for work. It's not like its any surprise that he's leaving, he does it 5 days a week! I keep saying that's it she can't come on the bed anymore! But we always break down and let her back up. We try to take the steps away in the morning but sometimes I forget until after John has gone to work and sometimes (like yesterday) it's too late then. I just don't know what to do with her. She knows it's her bed too. I thought they don't pee where they sleep! Anyway I am just ranting since I know nothing can really be done about it.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 10 2005, 07:25 PM
Wally, our Beagle, peed twice on our bed.  It happened when he was a little over a year old.  he was never allowed on the bed and both times we put him on the bed he was SO excited that he tinkled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41973
[/QUOTE]

That was so cute

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all i dont think it is a jealous thing only because he did it twice before buddy even came here i think he smelled a trace of it there is no way my hbby is gonna let him sleep in the bed withus now he 3 strikes and your out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts