Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ate Chinese food, Orange Chicken and Kung Pao Beef, both had red chilis in them, and I ate all of the red chilis
and I swear, I am swollen...and the place, called Fortune Cookie, doesn't put any MSG or other stuff in the food. Bad reaction...I never learn my lesson!
I love spicy food but should never eat it!!!!!
Stubborn
Stubborn
Stubborn!

Do any of you have any sort of reaction like this...my stomach has swollen to almost twice its size... :new_Eyecrazy:

~Elegant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Dec 2 2004, 03:17 AM
I ate Chinese food, Orange Chicken and Kung Pao Beef, both had red chilis in them, and I ate all of the red chilis 
and I swear, I am swollen...and the place, called Fortune Cookie, doesn't put any MSG or other stuff in the food.  Bad reaction...I never learn my lesson!
I love spicy food but should never eat it!!!!!
Stubborn 
Stubborn 
  Stubborn!

Do any of you have any sort of reaction like this...my stomach has swollen to almost twice its size...  :new_Eyecrazy:

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19767
[/QUOTE]

i dont have bad reactions to spicy food, i dont like spicy food !! its too spicy and it feels like my mouth is gonna burn !!!
(im really not a korean!! koreans LOVE spicy stuff but i dont..)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Mee--You're so not korean
! Do you not like kimchee?

Elegant--You're from Southern Cali? Dude! Quit eating them fake chinese food and go to a REAL chinese place where they serve DIM SUM! MMMMMM MMMMMM GOOOD. You, Mee (not me but the wanna be korean LOL), and Dr. cathy and whoever from Cali should all go. It gives new meaning to chinese food. Some of the stuff is weird though, even to me. You ever heard of people knawing one marinaded chicken's feet? LOL YUCK

MEE-I WUBS YA LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 2 2004, 09:58 AM
Mee--You're so not korean
!  Do you not like kimchee?

Elegant--You're from Southern Cali?  Dude!  Quit eating them fake chinese food and go to a REAL chinese place where they serve DIM SUM!  MMMMMM MMMMMM GOOOD.  You, Mee (not me but the wanna be korean LOL), and Dr. cathy and whoever from Cali should all go.  It gives new meaning to chinese food.  Some of the stuff is weird though, even to me.  You ever heard of people knawing one marinaded chicken's feet?  LOL  YUCK

MEE-I WUBS YA LOL

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19888
[/QUOTE]
What the fudge is Dim Sum? I LLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE chinese food, but I would like to eat some authentic chinese food...I think


I love CA rolls (sushi), but I don't think I could eat the real, hard core raw fish...hmmm...not appetizing to me at all :lol:

Yah, we should all get together...where do you suggest...say, Saturday?
Your place or do you want to freeze your butt of here in CA...30 degrees over here at night in Southern California!!!!! Ice on the roofs, grass, cars...unfreakin believeable...oh yeah, chinese food. :new_Eyecrazy:

I woke up swollen too...my top lip was huge and my cheeks were swollen...I called in sick this morning at around 7:15 am and called for a sub, made sub plans, and now I am at home looking like a freak!!!


Poor me!

Oh, and about the chicken knawing...nope, never heard of it :eek:

~Elegant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
I dont know exactly what the words "dim sum" mean, but it's Chinese Breakfast. In the restaurants, you have these people who wheel out a big cart full of food. *mouth is watering as I type this* When they come by your table you point to what you want. I believe the prices are NOT bad at all. It's been a couple years for me.

Raw sushi is an aquired taste
. I use to gag thinking about eating raw fish. LOL I love the raw squid and scallops and salmon. mmmmmmm

Don't let the Chicken feet scare ya. What culture doesn't have crazy food? Hot dogs are nasty!!!! I eat it anyway LOL. I like it nasty AHAHAHAH jk jk jk

I WISH I could meet up with you Californians
. I'm in TN. I swear if I lived in Cali, I'd gain so much weight. Dont know if you want to go on a weekend. It may be a few hrs weight. lol. I'll have to ask my BF where it's located at. I'm sure there are many, but the one I go to is just so freakin good! It's in Alhambra. If you go though, don't expect it to be like ordinary chinese food. For example, chinese don't really eat with sweet and sour sauce. At least that's why my chinese friend told me LOL.

Anyway, sorry about your swollen up issue. I have weird allergy attacks. I never know when it'll happen which pisses me off. At least you know you'll get all freakishly swollen which is when you eat spicy food. For me, it just hits me from left field or something. My eyes would get swollen shut! Its sooooo freakishly freaky! I use to have a picture on my computer. You wouldn't want to see it anyway...It'll break your monitor. But I would describe what I look like as an ALIEN...with it's eyes closed. hehehe. My eyes would be swollen down to my cheeks. It happen to me at a night club too. Must be dirty or something :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Dec 2 2004, 01:07 PM
Your place or do you want to freeze your butt of here in CA...30 degrees over here at night in Southern California!!!!!  Ice on the roofs, grass, cars...unfreakin believeable...oh yeah, chinese food.  :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19894
[/QUOTE]


We are lucky if it gets up to 30 degrees here in Michigan!

Hope you start to feel better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant+Dec 2 2004, 01:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Dec 2 2004, 09:58 AM
Mee--You're so not korean
!  Do you not like kimchee?

Elegant--You're from Southern Cali?  Dude!  Quit eating them fake chinese food and go to a REAL chinese place where they serve DIM SUM!  MMMMMM MMMMMM GOOOD.  You, Mee (not me but the wanna be korean LOL), and Dr. cathy and whoever from Cali should all go.  It gives new meaning to chinese food.  Some of the stuff is weird though, even to me.  You ever heard of people knawing one marinaded chicken's feet?  LOL  YUCK

MEE-I WUBS YA LOL

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19888
What the fudge is Dim Sum? I LLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE chinese food, but I would like to eat some authentic chinese food...I think


I love CA rolls (sushi), but I don't think I could eat the real, hard core raw fish...hmmm...not appetizing to me at all :lol:

Yah, we should all get together...where do you suggest...say, Saturday?
Your place or do you want to freeze your butt of here in CA...30 degrees over here at night in Southern California!!!!! Ice on the roofs, grass, cars...unfreakin believeable...oh yeah, chinese food. :new_Eyecrazy:

I woke up swollen too...my top lip was huge and my cheeks were swollen...I called in sick this morning at around 7:15 am and called for a sub, made sub plans, and now I am at home looking like a freak!!!


Poor me!

Oh, and about the chicken knawing...nope, never heard of it :eek:

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19894
[/B][/QUOTE]
This is the mother in me speaking...call your doctor. Sounds like you may have had an allergic reaction to something in the food. Chilis shouldn't cause swelling like you described. I am very allergic to strawberries and my lips swell, my tounge gets puffy and my cheeks turn bright red and look like I've got cotton balls in them. You need to get this checked out because if it is an allergy, your next reaction could cause a very life threatening situation.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Dec 2 2004, 07:57 PM
This is the mother in me speaking...call  your doctor.  Sounds like you may have had an allergic reaction to something in the food.  Chilis shouldn't cause swelling like you described.  I am very allergic to strawberries and my lips swell, my tounge gets puffy and my cheeks turn bright red and look like I've got cotton balls in them.  You need to get this checked out because if it is an allergy, your next reaction could cause a very life threatening situation.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19977
[/QUOTE]

Elegant, I agree with Saltymalty..... this sounds like a bad allergic reaction. Perhaps the doc will suggest something like Benedryl to calm your body.....this is not a benign reaction to the spicyness of the food....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm fine now...
but, I am getting sick...a chest cold probably, and my chest hurts inside...


Thank you for your concern...unfortunately, I am one of those people who don't go to the doctors much :new_Eyecrazy:


~Elegant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Elegant--I think you may want to go see a doctor just to get some medication. My allergies has gotten worse! It use to just be the eyes. Then my whole body had hives and then sometimes my throat feels funny and I have a lil hard time breathing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 2 2004, 12:58 PM
Mee--You're so not korean
!  Do you not like kimchee?
actually, NOPE i dont like kimcheeeee

it smells funky too..smells like fart...i hated it when i was in school and whenever someone opened their lunch box, kimchee fart smell will be vibrating all over the classroom..yuck !!!


Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 2 2004, 12:58 PM
MEE-I WUBS YA LOL

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19888
[/QUOTE]

awwwww

u love me lots???

me tooo ~


and ELEGANT !! go to the hospital !!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
I love Chinese and Korean food. Not the super-hot kind, though. And I love Kim-chee but I admit its an acquired taste.

Once I inadvertantly chewed down on a dried red pepper and kept chewing it because it was tough until suddenly my eyes bugged out and my mouth exploded! I spent the next 35 minutes holding ice water in my mouth, unable to move otherwise, until the water warmed and I filled my mouth with more ice water until the burning finally ceased. My lunch companions ate merrily along while I suffered and starved!
I thought I was going to die......

So, I don't think the red pepper caused Elegant's reaction either and I echo SaltyMalty......get yourself checked anyway even though you feel better because SOMETHING caused a strong reaction and it could be life-threatening next time.

SO GO! :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by mee+Dec 3 2004, 04:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Dec 2 2004, 12:58 PM
Mee--You're so not korean
!  Do you not like kimchee?
actually, NOPE i dont like kimcheeeee

it smells funky too..smells like fart...i hated it when i was in school and whenever someone opened their lunch box, kimchee fart smell will be vibrating all over the classroom..yuck !!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20018
[/B][/QUOTE]

GOOODNEESSSS! First Crusty Pizza, now Kimchee Fart. You're YUCKI!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top