Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe is going to the vet in 2 weeks to have some bloodwork done to check her Thyroid. I've noticed she is getting quite chunky and the soonest i can get her in with my work schedule is in 2 weeks. Is there anything else i should have her vet check on? I feed her Dr. Harveys Veg to Bowl and she loves to play fetch and go for her walks. I usually give her a 1/4 c food each meal but have decreased to slightly less than a 1/4 c. She acts like her normal self and doesn't seem to be drinking excessively. Please keep my little girl in your prayers that it's something that can be fixed easily.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
All my girls have gained some weight, most likely because of the long winter we had. I just realized you're in Fl, Deb.

Your little beauty will most definitely be in my prayers.
xoxoxoxoxo

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Is Chloe getting a full blood chemistry in addition to a thyroid panel? If, not, I'd get one done. I'm a big advocate of yearly bloodwork as it can help detect little problems before they become big ones.

Had Chloe had any other symptoms? Hair loss is a common one with a thyroid imbalance. That was one of things that tipped us off about Lady's thyroid disease.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Good suggestion from Marj. We also have an xray on file so if anything ever comes up we have something to compare with.
Prayers for Chloe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts