Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Oh no
Chloe get well soon ok?
with your crazy weather I'm not surprised. you had a really cold night couple of days ago and poor Chloe tried to stay warm. I always get a cold too when the weather change all of a sudden. I didn't know our poor babies can get a cold too

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh {{{{{{{{ Big Hugs }}}}}}}} our sweet Chloe isn't feeling well. I promise to keep good thoughts and say special prayers for you my little precious friend
Indy sabs dat he is berry berry sawwy you are feelwing bad. He sez to send you hibs wub and wots and wots of hugs and nose wicks
I will keep checking for updates on how Chloe is doing and Dede you hang in there too. Sending you {{{{{{ Big Hugs }}}}}}

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
aww dede, i'm so sorry.
i hope chloe gets well soon. my thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
OK so now Im starting to get really worried

She just wont stop with the sneezing. She had a 'bad' night
I gave her some bendryl before we went to bed. I got some of it down her throat. But the rest she 'held' in her mouth and then proceeded to spit/throw the rest out around the room.

I mean the performance this dog put on!! It deserved an Oscar, honestly!!! It was like 'pphht, yuk, oh that was grose; pphht, pphhtt, what on earth did you just give me mommy??'

I then had to clean red benedryl, off the walls, the cupboards, everywhere!! I only gave her 2mls.

I think she conjured up about 1/2 pint somewhere!!!

Anyway she went to bed, but she was really 'raspy' over night. She sounded like an old man who had been smoking for 20 years.....

I gave her her meds this morning, but she is still sneezing. Im wondering whether to give her a bit more bendryl?? I dont like to give her too much stuff. She had benedryl last night but not this morning.

I think if she is not better in the morning I will ring the vet again and see what she says.

Im so frightened. She is 10 years old and I dont like seeing her sick like this.

Can I please ask for the prayers to continue?? Thank you all so very much.

We both love you all to bits.

Dede and Chloe from down under

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hope Chloe is better soon.
I guess the meds may take awhile to kick in. At least you didn't wait to see the vet. Congratulations on your 28 years. You've been together this long I guess waiting a week longer won't matter

·
Registered
227 Posts

I gave her some bendryl before we went to bed. I got some of it down her throat. But the rest she 'held' in her mouth and then proceeded to spit/throw the rest out around the room.

I mean the performance this dog put on!! It deserved an Oscar, honestly!!! It was like 'pphht, yuk, oh that was grose; pphht, pphhtt, what on earth did you just give me mommy??'

I then had to clean red benedryl, off the walls, the cupboards, everywhere!! I only gave her 2mls.

Anyway she went to bed, but she was really 'raspy' over night. She sounded like an old man who had been smoking for 20 years.....

I gave her her meds this morning, but she is still sneezing. Im wondering whether to give her a bit more bendryl?? I dont like to give her too much stuff. She had benedryl last night but not this morning.

Dede......First, I have to say that the pic of Chloe in your initial post was probably the cutest picture Ive ever seen!
And, certainly Im sending prayers Chloes way. Hopeing tomorrow will be a better day for your girl, more time for the antibiotics to work......I hope
Oh, and, They do make a clear colorless benedryl....they refer to it as "additive free".

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Dede......First, I have to say that the pic of Chloe in your initial post was probably the cutest picture Ive ever seen!
And, certainly Im sending prayers Chloes way. Hopeing tomorrow will be a better day for your girl, more time for the antibiotics to work......I hope
Oh, and, They do make a clear colorless benedryl....they refer to it as "additive free".
Yeah I guess they do. But not 'down under' - you get red or orange no clear

But thank you for your lovely kind words

Dede and Chloe from down under

41 - 60 of 615 Posts