Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
About a month ago I wrote wondering if I should cut Tav's hair short, and I received a bunch of wonderful ideas (thanks everyone!
). I decided last time to keep him long, because I wanted to see Tav in a full length coat. Anyway, he has allergies, and he is always scratching his body, which makes it matt, so today when I took him in I told our fabulous groomer to just chop him. I hadn't even thought about it. Last month when I had been considering it, I planned on bringing in pics of what I wanted it to look like, but today it was just complete spur of the moment!
Anyway, his hair is almost to the floor, so I feel like I pretty much have seen him in a full coat, which is why I don't feel bad about cutting it. I think that until we figure out what is making him so itchy, he will be much more comfortable in a shorter do. Plus, it will be cooler for him in the coming summer months.
I just had to write, because I am waiting for her to call any minute so I can go and get him. I have complete trust in her, which is why I was able to leave him there with no pictures or anything for her to go on... but I am still very nervous and excited!!! She said he's getting the "extreme makeover" and warned me that he will look completely different. It'll be like getting a new puppy!
Hahaha...
I"ll have to let you all know how it comes out. Oh, I hope I am not writing later today and crying at the same time! I'm so glad I have all of you to talk to about this! No one I know would care how his hair looked, but I know all of you understand!! Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AAUUGGHH!!! She just called! I am going to throw up and I so nervous!!!
I'll write as soon as I get back and let you know how it went!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, we're home. He looks great! I'll post pics as soon as I can, but so you can get an idea, he looks like Charmypoo's Nibbler in the pic she posted in the "OMG. Cutest cut ever!" message. Our groomer kept his face long like that, but not too long... cut straight across with his ears... and a short body, maybe an inch long. He looks so different!!!I can't believe it! His legs look so much longer now! Thanks for the support everyone!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
BUT do you like it? You said he looks great and different..but DO YOU LIKE it?
Im sure its awesome cause Tavish is one handsome little guy!! Yes we need pics !!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I WANT PICTURES!

Can't wait to see the new do!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Paris is getting a short cut too! I love the picture of your dog in the chair and I would love to see the new cut so I can get some ideas on what look I want.

thanks!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yay!!! i cant wait to see pics. i JUST shaved the girls last week...and now im sorta regretting it. they usually have a puppy cut...and now i shaved them to like 1/8 of an inch or something.

and since we've been babysitting jongee...i feel as though im not letting me girls be "pretty". you know?

anyway, you'll LOVE having tavish in a puppy cut....not as much brushing...which is great!

even MEE was saying that since she's had jongee in a puppycut--she loves it. im gonna actually grow out my girls hair so that its an inch long. lol.

right now the girls have their hair so short...that you can see their black spots.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i'm right there with ya, sister LOL. the buttercup goes in tomorrow to see groomer brenda, and i'm seriously thinking of getting it all chopped off. i love her in long hair (buttercup, not brenda, though she DOES look lovely!) but the matting from her harness is just getting to be too much. for both of us. i braided her hair last nite instead of pigtails, and she looks SO cute. so i'm thinking i'll keep long ears, like the pic brit's mom posted.

maybe i'll just chicken out all together.

i'll decide over a margarita this evening...

ann marie and the "haircut? groomer? i better get a greenie out of this..." buttercup

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

boy i'm stupid. stupid-squared, even. i just got back from the groomer's. where it turns out that our appointment is for NEXT sunday. duh me. why would i make an appointment for a day that i KNOW i have to work? LOL. it's not like my work schedule hasnt been set in stone since, oh, last november when major league baseball made the schedule. LOLOLOL how stupid can i be?!?! groomer brenda is on vacation this week, even, so i couldnt even get bc cut at all. (not that i dont trust the other groomers, but they all know how much we adore brenda and no one wants to be "the one" who messes up buttercup's hair LOL)

i'm still aiming for a short cut. i had no second thoughts as i walked up today! i'm going thru with this! really, i am! LOL

and the buttercup

·
Registered
53 Posts
We wanna see the pics!
I think Menachem will always keep his puppy cut - can't wait to see yours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts