Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all of your posts about CC combs & brushes. I would really like to try them out. I'm thinking of ordering 2 to begin with. Can you help me out and advise me which to start out with. Poochie has thick cottony hair on most of his body. The length of his hair right now is about 3 inches which is usually what I keep him in. Should I start out with a brush and a comb? or two combs? There are so many different combs and brushes to choose from. So far Skippy my 4 month old has the nice silky hair and is very easy to take care of. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks you guys!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady has a more cottony coat, too, and I find the 3 inch length works best for her, too.

I love the CC products on her coat! I'd say the Gold Series 27 mm pin brush is a must have. It's the best brush I've ever used on her coat.

I just got the #000 Buttercomb a few weeks ago and love that, too!

Lady's legs are her biggest problem as far as her coat goes. They are the thickest and most cottony, especially her front legs. The CC Mark I slicker is the only thing I have found that really goes through her hair right down to the skin.

I buy the CC products directly from the company.

http://www.chrissystems.com/

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I use all of these and a rat tail comb which I also use on his face. I would get all of them at one time and save on shipping because it will be $7.00 whether you order one item or more. I also ordered Ice on Ice.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions! I did go ahead an order all 3 that you use! I also ordered the Ice on Ice. Did any of you ever try the Thick N Thicker spray or Gel?
I hope they ship fast, I'm really anxious to try the comb & brushes on Poochie

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
You go girl! Seriously, I think you'll be very happy with what you ordered. Ice on Ice is my favorite grooming spray. I've never tried Thicker 'n Thicker because Lady's coat is pretty thick and fluffy already.

If you ordered directly from Chrissystems.com, you'll get your order really fast. I got my Buttercomb in 3 days!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have one of the Buttercombs and its the best comb I've ever used for Bella, you can find mats with these before they get to messy

·
Registered
38 Posts
My new groomer (who by the way I love) also uses all CC brushes. She actually met Chris C and she was very happy with the CC company. She also recommended me to buy that brush that looks like a triangle, I am not how it is called and I didn't have time so she didn't show me how to use it...
I am currently using the small slicker. I also have the gold series brush.
I think I will also buy the buttercomb, you all love it and the groomer used it all the time so I guess I need it.

About the Ice on Ice. It works on Rosita (silky coat) but it does nothing on Chiqui (very cottony coat).
Also by the way, the groomer recommended something called Ionic mineral water or something like that... I will post some more info later. It is ionic distilled water with some minerals that is supposed to be very good when brushing (since the coat needs to be a little wet when brushing). It prevents the coat from breaking and it also soothes itchy skin.
Since it is ionic water (I don't even know what that means!!) it can be used to clean the eyes too.
She gave me a bottle and I have been using it everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts