Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who want to try some of the Chris Christensen products, there are sample packs to buy for $10 on their website.

http://www.chrissystems.com/system_kits.htm

Animania is also having a sale on the CC products. Click on "specials". They have a nice delicate coat bundle that also includes one of their new gold series pin brushes.

I have never ordered from them, but I am tempted since I found out their s&h is only $2.50 on orders over $40. I usually order from Cherrybrook, but their s&h is up to $10.00 on the smallest order and goes up from there!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks! I wll look into it. Especially the brush. My #! Allsystems already has several pins coming out. I have only had it one year. I wonder if the CC is more durable.
Quincymom

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jackie (JMM) got the gold series brush and compared it to the A#1 All Systems here:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1824

She still prefers the All Systems brush, but points out that every coat is different. Since Lady has a more cottony coat than Mikey, I think the brush might work for her, but I sure hate to part with $32 to find out!

I know Charmypoo swears by those brushes and look how gorgeous her Malts are!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I replace my brush about once every 2-3 months. They should not last forever and you should replace it when any pins start to go. I usually buy 3 at a time and put 2 away. That would probably last you 2 years.

LadysMom, e-mail me.

I think the Ice on Ice and Day to Day shampoo are great products. I was not impressed with the Day to Day conditioner. When I was still doing Samoyeds, we used the whitening shampoo on them. I found it waaaay too harsh for the Maltese coats. The CC slicker brush is the best slicker I have ever used. Their tiny pin brush is nice for travel or in the ring.

Like I said in the other post, I find my #1 All Systems brush to be much more flexible and giving than the regular or gold CC pin brushes.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Animania is also having a sale on the CC products. Click on "specials". They have a nice delicate coat bundle that also includes one of their new gold series pin brushes.

Marj,
Do you have a link to the site? I keep getting Japanese Anime sites showing up in google and yahoo. Thanks
Quincymom

·
Registered
499 Posts
I replace my brush about once every 2-3 months. They should not last forever and you should replace it when any pins start to go.

Wow, I have had my Mason Pearson hair brush for my hair since I was 20! Do you use your #1 Allsystem on more than one dog? I am so gentle when I brush Quincy's hair, I can't believe it only lasted one year...
Quincymom

·
Registered
513 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Jan 27 2005, 03:16 PM
I replace my brush about once every 2-3 months. They should not last forever and you should replace it when any pins start to go. I usually buy 3 at a time and put 2 away. That would probably last you 2 years.

LadysMom, e-mail me.

I think the Ice on Ice and Day to Day shampoo are great products. I was not impressed with the Day to Day conditioner. When I was still doing Samoyeds, we used the whitening shampoo on them. I found it waaaay too harsh for the Maltese coats. The CC slicker brush is the best slicker I have ever used. Their tiny pin brush is nice for travel or in the ring.

Like I said in the other post, I find my #1 All Systems brush to be much more flexible and giving than the regular or gold CC pin brushes.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31946
[/QUOTE]
Jackie,
what size CC slicker brush do you use? Does it work well with cottony puppy cut coats? Pat

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Jan 27 2005, 03:40 PM
I replace my brush about once every 2-3 months. They should not last forever and you should replace it when any pins start to go.

Wow, I have had my Mason Pearson hair brush for my hair since I was 20! Do you use your #1 Allsystem  on more than one dog? I am so gentle when I brush Quincy's hair, I can't believe it only lasted one year...
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31953
[/QUOTE]

Mikey has his own brush. He does have a ton of coat, though. The #1 brush is made to have a lot of give which means it won't pull coat out. The Mason Pearson brush it not as giving. I do think that the more give it has the shorter life, but that is just my observation. My #1 brushes without the white pad (the oblong one) lasts longer but I don't like it as much.

I use the Mark I x-small head slicker. I use it on my boy in a puppy cut. I also use it on the small poodle mix I groom so it should be fine on the cottony puppy cut.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by JMM+Jan 27 2005, 09:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quincymom
@Jan 27 2005, 03:40 PM

Wow, I have had my Mason Pearson hair brush for my hair since I was 20! Do you use your #1 Allsystem  on more than one dog? I am so gentle when I brush Quincy's hair, I can't believe it only lasted one year...
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31953

Mikey has his own brush. He does have a ton of coat, though. The #1 brush is made to have a lot of give which means it won't pull coat out. The Mason Pearson brush it not as giving. I do think that the more give it has the shorter life, but that is just my observation. My #1 brushes without the white pad (the oblong one) lasts longer but I don't like it as much.

I use the Mark I x-small head slicker. I use it on my boy in a puppy cut. I also use it on the small poodle mix I groom so it should be fine on the cottony puppy cut.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32013
[/B][/QUOTE]

Which brush should I buy? the 27mm or the 35mm. My pochi has a lot, but a lot of hair. Could you also recommend a good shampoo and conditioner? His coat is a little dry. Thanks

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the CC slicker softer than the All Systems one? I use a slicker on Lady in the summer months when I cut her short and she really hates being brushed with it. She flinches like it hurts so I can only skim over her lightly. I know it's not the brushing itself because she is very relaxed when her coat is longer and I brush her with their pin brush.

I am just amazed that Mikey wears out a brush on his own every 2-3 months!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
LM, I just trimmed an inch off of him and will trim another 1/2 in after his bath this week so his coat stays up off the ground. He has a thick, soft coat. I use the CC slicker brush.

I use the 27 mm pins on my Malts. If he has an extraordinarily thick and heavy coat the 35 mm might be better.

I can recommend some shampoos and conditioners to try, but each coat is different. What works on one dog does not necessarily work on another.

Coat Handler
Crown Royal
Pantene
Pure Paws

I would probably try the Crown Royal first. It has a heavier scent, but diluted most people don't mind (DO dilute it).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts