Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, frugal me finally broke down and got one ($25!) from Chrissysystems:

http://www.chrissystems.com/slickers.htm

I have had the A#1 All Systems slickers for years and Lady hates them. No matter how careful I am, she flinches and squirms every time I use one her, even if I don't even get close to her skin!

It arrived super fast! I scraped both slickers down my arm, squeezed the wire part and couldn't tell the difference between the CC slicker and the All Systems one. I figured I had just wasted $25, but tried it on Miss Lady. Didn't even put her up on her grooming table, just brushed her while she was at my feet.

She loves this slicker! No flinching, squirming or trying to get away! Is it really that much better or did she see the invoice and was impressed with how much I spent?

This really is a very nice slicker. The handle and workmanship is excellent. I must admit it is well worth the money!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think I might have to break down. I have an #1 slicker also and Maya Maltese hates it! Well all 3 of mine hate it...Glad to know that the $25 was well spent, I think you have talked me into it

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you sell them in your store, too, don't you? Wish I'd known that before I ordered mine!

I also have the 27mm Gold Series brush and love it. I must confess that the CC stuff really does seem to be worth the high prices.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Aug 29 2005, 08:15 AM
And you sell them in your store, too, don't you? Wish I'd known that before I ordered mine!

I also have the 27mm Gold Series brush and love it. I must confess that the CC stuff really does seem to be worth the high prices.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94972
[/QUOTE]

Oh I dont sell the brushes, kinda pricey
I just emailed Lisa Christensen and the ones that were recommended were: I would recommend the 27mm Gold Series Pin Brush and the #000 buttercomb and the #008 buttercomb.

So she will be sending me those! Ill let you know, oh looks like she didnt recommend a slicker though, and thats my favorite type of brush!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I ordered the slicker brush on Friday. I love the Buttercomb #000. I have the 27mm brush but I mostly use the comb. The comb was well worth the price. I will let you know what I think of the slicker when I get it. I also ordered the Proline on Friday. Friday was a busy day for me...order lots of stuff for Lacey but nothing for me. I also order some more bows from Marj. I just love her bows.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Okay, I got the slicker brush yesterday and I just love it! It is great on the legs. What a difference this slicker makes in Lacey's appearence. I got the Proline today. Lacey needs a major bath so I don't think I will be using it until the weekend sometime. Hubby has been taking Lacey outside during the day and just letting her run and play. She loves to racetrack in the morning when the grass is wet, so of course she is smelly and dirty. Her legs are actually beige in color instead of white.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm glad you love it! I noticed the same thing, that it is especially good on the legs. Well worth the price.

You'll love the Proline, too!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the Mark X slicker. It is great on the matts under the legs. But my favorite and *Tink's* too is the 35mm Gold series pin brush. It was well worth the $36! I am thinking about getting one of the butter combs next.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The buttercomb is well worth the money. I use it everyday on Lacey. Just glides through her hair and is great at finding those little, tiny matts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Sep 2 2005, 11:09 PM
The buttercomb is well worth the money.  I use it everyday on Lacey.  Just glides through her hair and is great at finding those little, tiny matts.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96619
[/QUOTE]

They have so many of the buttercombs. I'm not sure which one to choose. I like the new one #005. The teeth are really long to get through all that hair. But then the #012 looks like it is smaller and would fit in your hand better to get in the hard to get at areas. Do you have the wooden handle that fits on the comb? I wonder if it is it really necessary?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I just emailed Chris Christensen to find out which combs, brushes, etc. that they would recommend for a Maltese. I hope they answer on Monday.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
No, I don't have the wooden handle. If you get it let us know how you like it. I do love the Buttercomb #000. Finds very little matts before they can get huged. I just got the slicker brush (little square one with a white handle) and I can't believe what a difference this brush has made in brushing Lacey's legs. Next I would like to get the Buttercomb #008.

Now I am looking for a grooming table. Tried of grooming Lacey on the bed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Sep 4 2005, 10:11 PM
No, I don't have the wooden handle.  If you get it let us know how you like it.  I do love the Buttercomb #000.  Finds very little matts before they can get huged.  I just got the slicker brush (little square one with a white handle) and I can't believe what a difference this brush has made in brushing Lacey's legs.  Next I would like to get the Buttercomb #008.

Now I am looking for a grooming table.  Tried of grooming Lacey on the bed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96911
[/QUOTE]

I just went to the C.C. website to order some Ice on Ice and look what I found:

CHRIS STIX

AVAILABLE SOON - NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER OR SHIP UNTIL WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19. CHECK BACK WITH US.

WHITE

$4.00

COVERS STAINS & FLAWS
DOES NOT RUB OFF OR SMEAR
EXCELLENT COVERAGE EVEN AFTER BRUSH THRU
NOT MESSY
NON TOXIC
Here we go again! Another innovative product by Chris Christensen. ChrisStix allows you to cover stains, hide gray, and eliminate unwanted coat colors in seconds. The ChrisStix makes it easy to pinpoint accuracy, easy blend ability and maximum staying power. Chris Stix will not rub off or smear. Last until you shampoo it out. Unlike many powders and chalks - Chris Stix has excellent coverage, even after brushing through.

NO MESS - NO FUSS - JUST FIX IT WITH CHRIS STIX!

I think I'll wait and place my order Sept.19. Maybe by then I will be able to decide which comb(s) to order.

I have just about given up on the Eye Envy for tearstain removal. I think if I just wash her face every day it would do the same as the Eye Envy. If not then maybe the ChrisStix will cover up the stains.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
When I use the Eye Envy everyday Lacey's face hair turns yellow. I have been using the Angel's Glow and her tearstains are completely gone. Still have to wipe the corner of her eyes out everyday but no tearstaining. Lacey started about 3 weeks ago and I am now giving it to her every 3 days.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts