Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Lady has her short summer haircut, I am thinking of ordering one of the Chris Christensen Mark 1V slicker brushes.

For those that have this slicker, what size did you get? The x-small is 2&1/2 by 2&1/2, the small 2&1/2 by 3&1/2. And do you LOVE this brush? For $25 plus shipping, I want to love it!

I do love my CC Gold Series brush.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
dont' have a slicker but was fixing to order a brush...any suggestions on that end. brush type and where to order from...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Marj, I have the Chris Christensen II slicker brush. Mine is not a Mark IV; it is a Mark II. I believe it is $28. This one is lovely. It is a different "animal" from the cheap slicker I used to have. I must have the small because mine measures
3-1/2" side to side and 2" front to back.. You might be able to use the smaller size, although this size works fine for me.

If you want me to take a picture of it while using it on Catcher I can as that would show you the proportion of the size.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have the comb and brush. I love them both. Tomorrow is payday so I will be ordering the slicker. If you email the company and tell them what kind of dog and hair they will email you back with a suggested product. I can't believe how much I love the comb. I have the #000 Buttercomb. The brush is the gold series pin brush, 20mm Gold Series Pin Brush. They are a little expensive but well worth it. Every payday I order something for Lacey. Lacey week I got the brush and Ice on Ice.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 27 mm Gold Series brush and love it also on Lady's more cottony coat. That's why I am thinking of ordering the slicker.

I have several A#1 All Systems slickers already so I am trying to decide if there is that much of a difference between them. Lady does flinch when I use the slickers on her, not with regular brushes. CC always tells you to take the scratch test, so I wondered if the CC slicker would be more gentle?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have a slicker brush but it is not Chris Christensen.
I alway used it on chester until got the #A systems pin brush.
I tried using the slicker brush on chelsey, she really does not like it. I think becuase I have always used the pin brush on her. Even with her short cut I still have to use the Pin brush or the wide comb.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm wondering if Lady is the same way as Chelsey? She loves to be combed and brushed, but really doesn't like the slickers. But they are so nice to fluff up a short puppy cut, though.

The nice thing about the shorter 'dos is that you don't have to brush or comb much! Chelsey looks adorable in her summer haircut!

Lady gets such a sassy attitude when her hair is short! She is so much more comfortable now. I hope the heat wave is over for awhile, but it's been over 100 here (real temperature!) the past few days. With the heat index, it's been between 110-115!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jul 28 2005, 01:40 PM
I'm wondering if Lady is the same way as Chelsey? She loves to be combed and brushed, but really doesn't like the slickers. But they are so nice to fluff up a short puppy cut, though.

The nice thing about the shorter 'dos is that you don't have to brush or comb much! Chelsey looks adorable in her summer haircut!

Lady gets such a sassy attitude when her hair is short! She is so much more comfortable now. I hope the heat wave is over for awhile, but it's been over 100 here (real temperature!) the past few days. With the heat index, it's been between 110-115!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=85386
[/QUOTE]

Your right the slicker brush does make the puppy cute look nicer . Chelsey flinches when I use it and I know i'm not doing it hard. I just don't think she is used to it... anyway . She is so easy to groom I would rather not go through the trouble of using it.
It's funny that you said lady gets a sassy attitude with her new cut, I noticed chelsey is doing that to... she is just prancing up and down our home showing off. Chelsey thanks you for the compliment.
I really love Ladys new pictures she is so cute. A true Lady she is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts