Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, y'all bought so many Fall bows from me, I gave in and ordered the #0000 Buttercomb.

Never have I spent so much for a comb! $24! (The comb I use on my own hair came from Walmart, I think! :D )

First let me say how beautiful this comb is! It is nicer than the silverware I eat with!
And Lady loves it! It just glides through her hair like, well, butter!

I am totally hooked on the Chris Christensen products now. I have the Gold Series 27 mm pin brush, the slicker and now the buttercomb. They are the best grooming products I have ever used on Lady.

Next on the list has to be the face comb.....! Santa, y'hear me?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 14 2005, 09:45 AM
Well, y'all bought so many Fall bows from me, I gave in and ordered the #0000 Buttercomb.

Never have I spent so much for a comb! $24! (The comb I use on my own hair came from Walmart, I think! :D )

First let me say how beautiful this comb is! It is nicer than the silverware I eat with!

I am totally hooked on the Chris Christensen products now. I have the Gold Series 27 mm pin brush, the slicker and now the buttercomb. They are the best grooming products I have ever used on Lady.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109588
[/QUOTE]
You will love the face comb. I couldn't groom without it!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lethalfire@Oct 14 2005, 08:53 AM
I myself have been thinking about getting these after listening to all of
you talk about them.  Are they really that much better than #1 All systems?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109594
[/QUOTE]

I have always used All Systems and been happy with them, but am absolutely amazed at how much better the CC grooming tools are.

But they should be since they are so much more expensive!

Seriously, I think a lot depends on their coat. Lady has a more cottony coat (not terrible, but not the proper silky coat). The CC products make a huge difference with her. I think a dog with a fine silky coat might not need them as much.

Kristi, the face comb is the #06. It only 5 inches long and the teeth are spaced really close together.

http://www.chrissystems.com/combs.htm

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Maybe Indy will get some of the CC combs and brushes in his stocking for Christmas this year
Oh heck, I want them in MY stocking
I have many of the # 1 all systems which do work better than the cheaper ones we had gotten from the store when we first got Indy.
I'm glad to hear that you really like them and Lady seems happy with them as well

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Oct 14 2005, 09:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-lethalfire
@Oct 14 2005, 08:53 AM
I myself have been thinking about getting these after listening to all of
you talk about them.  Are they really that much better than #1 All systems?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109594
I have always used All Systems and been happy with them, but am absolutely amazed at how much better the CC grooming tools are.

But they should be since they are so much more expensive!

Seriously, I think a lot depends on their coat. Lady has a more cottony coat (not terrible, but not the proper silky coat). The CC products make a huge difference with her. I think a dog with a fine silky coat might not need them as much.

Kristi, the face comb is the #06. It only 5 inches long and the teeth are spaced really close together.

http://www.chrissystems.com/combs.htm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109618
[/B][/QUOTE]
Cool! That is the one I wanted to get. I like the shorter combs. If I like that I might bet one of the #012 or #014.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I agree with you Marj. Buster actually holds still when I brush and comb him now. I can tell he really enjoys it. I have the cc 27mm pin brush and the 000 buttercomb.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by kab+Oct 14 2005, 09:11 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Oct 14 2005, 09:45 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109588
You will love the face comb. I couldn't groom without it!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109604
[/B][/QUOTE]
I ADORE my face comb. It is great for getting out mats too!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Well, I just ordered the face comb, the small slicker, and the Ice on Ice. I hope I am as pleased with these as everyone else is. Hopefully, we are finished with our combs and brushes now.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 14 2005, 02:22 PM
We are very good at "helping" people spend their money, huh?  :D  :D  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109691
[/QUOTE]
Marj, I've been trying to resist for so long with all your bows and all the new products, but I really think you guys are going to break me soon
After Peanut's next vet appt we'll see if surgery is necessary, and then we can talk about buying new fun stuff for christmas

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was using the A-1 Systems brush then decided to try the CC brushes and combs-wow what a difference. I will not go back to the A-1 again. In fact now I must order the face comb.....
Has anyone tried the Chris Stix yet? I was thinking about ordering that as well. I never thought shopping for Ruby Jean would be so fun--but I just love it!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have the CC products and they may seem expensive but if you use them everyday and your dog lives for approximately 14 years, that isn't much. I can be so good at justifying my dog expenses.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I just love the Buttercomb #000 comb...it is the best. Which one is the face comb? I looked and either I am totally out of it or just stupid! Too much algebra homework!

Marj - when are the Christmas bows coming?!!! I can't wait for Lacey to wear her turkey bow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts