Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halloween is officially over, so here they are. I know a few of you can't see photobucket pictures, so pm or email me I and will email them to you if you like.

My plan is to post more Christmas bows right after Thanksgiving. This is my favorite time of year and I can't stop buying the ribbon and embellishments! So when these are gone, since they are seasonal, I might not do more of the same ones.

The rest are in this thread:

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6988

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 1 2005, 09:33 AM
Halloween is officially over, so here they are. I know a few of you can't see photobucket pictures, so pm or email me I and will email them to you if you like.

My plan is to post more Christmas bows right after Thanksgiving. This is my favorite time of year and I can't stop buying the ribbon and embellishments! So when these are gone, since they are seasonal, I might not do more of the same ones.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115488
[/QUOTE]
OMG Marj, I just pm'd you...these are adorable. I love the Ginger bread girl and the snow flake! I can't decide though, on which ones....I wish I could buy them all!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just peeked at the Barkindogclothes website and noticed Rena has put up new Christmas/winter fabrics. She has a cute snowflake fleece in pink that would be adorable in a sweatshirt or jogger.

I may have to order one for Lady.....!

Anyway, I can do the snowflake bow in pink to match if anyone wants to do that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You and I have very different Styles of bows. I have to say I love the ribbons you use.
I find it hard to find the nice ribbons. I use walmart, Jo anns, Hobbylobby, and Garden ridge. Where do you shop for ribbon? I'm considering looking into wholesale for some of the popular colors I use but I just dont know if it will be worth it. Plus I need to wait until I can afford the stuff kinda between jobs now. I bought alot of my xmas stuff early I might have to check the stores now that its closer. Bow making can be soooo addicting.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by sassy14830@Nov 1 2005, 10:20 PM
You and I have very different Styles of bows. I have to say I love the ribbons you use.
I find it hard to find the nice ribbons. I use walmart, Jo anns, Hobbylobby, and Garden ridge. Where do you shop for ribbon? I'm considering looking into wholesale for some of the popular colors I use but I just dont know if it will be worth it. Plus I need to wait until I can afford the stuff kinda between jobs now.  I bought alot of my xmas stuff early I might have to check the stores now that its closer. Bow making can be soooo addicting.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115843
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Sarah! I love your bows, too! You are right - bow making is addicting! I started out making them for Lady and look where I am now now!

We have both a Michaels and AC Moore here in addiiton to Joann's and Walmart, so I get ribbon there. We also have a Hanson's close by, too. I have bought ribbon online from Bella Joy's:

https://www.bellajoys.com/bella/shopping_ca...1cf9e8065eb49c3

I get in trouble with the embellishments. That's where I spend too much!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
omg Marj, I looked at that website. Did you see the black ribbon with the hot pink poka-dots? Soooo cute! I need to learn to make bows
On second thought.........no I don't I have enough irons in the fire

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can get that ribbon if you like..... :D

If you start making bows for Sassy, watch out!

There is usually a one yard limit on ribbon plus it's cheaper to buy the spool, you can't buy just one embellishments or button and beads come in a whole package, so you end up with tons of stuff leftover. So you start making them for other people and giving them away. Then you figure out what one bow costs this way and discover that you are better off buying them from someone else unless you start selling them!

And then, as Sarah says, bow making becomes addictive so you buy more and more stuff.....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 2 2005, 08:58 AM
I can get that ribbon if you like..... :D

If you start making bows for Sassy, watch out!

There is usually a one yard limit on ribbon plus it's cheaper to buy the spool, you can't buy just one embellishments or button and beads come in a whole package, so you end up with tons of stuff leftover. So you start making them for other people and giving them away. Then you figure out what one bow costs this way and discover that you are better off buying them from someone else unless you start selling them!

And then, as Sarah says, bow making becomes addictive so you buy more and more stuff.....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115886
[/QUOTE]

Marj, I know all about this. I make jewelry so I am aware of the packaging; although, at the actual bead shops you can pay a little extra and buy singles. Right now I have about $800 worth (sale price) of beads laying on my craft table.

I actually began making the jewelry as a hobby and for myself. Then I began giving it to friends and family. Now through others seeing their pieces and word of mouth I recently (maybe 3 months ago) began selling it. So I know how that story goes. But it is still a fun hobby. (Along with making doggie clothes...which is also taking off, and I take piano lessons--I stay pretty busy.) :D

Gotta run....Sassy and I are off to the bead shop for a special color Swarovski crystal.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Nov 2 2005, 04:50 AM
omg Marj, I looked at that website. Did you see the black ribbon with the hot pink poka-dots? Soooo cute! I need to learn to make bows 
On second thought.........no I don't I have enough irons in the fire

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115884
[/QUOTE]
Pat, you just had to mention the polka dot ribbons didn't you. I made myself pass up looking at that site until I read your post. The hot pink w/black polka dots or light pink with black polka dots would look so very cute on our babies in their new strollers. I have to make myself resist for now.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been eying that pink & black polka dot ribbon for awhile, too!

We can all be good for awhile, then I'll do some after the holidays or for Spring.

BTW, I didn't forget those of you who celebrate Chanukah or Kwanza.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Last year, I started on a bow making spree. I ended up spending hundreds on bow making supplies. Guess what? It's all sitting nicely in several boxes. I think I was more obsessed with buying ribbon and center pieces than making the bow. It take me over 20 minutes to make one

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It takes me an hour to make one including the drying time with the coats of stiffener!

Collecting the supplies can be addictive. I pass Hansons & Joanns on my way home, if I go a few minutes out of my way, can hit Walmart, AC Moore and Michaels (in that order!)

The good news is that it is very easy for me to get something for a custom bow quickly, the bad news is that I never just buy only what I need!

I have been especially bad about Christmas supplies. If it's red, green or sparkles, I buy it!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts