Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have personalized Christmas cards made with their Malt(s) on the front? If so, where do you get them done and how expensive is it? I found one website and it was over $100 with a $25 printing fee.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Nov 1 2005, 12:32 AM
Does anyone have personalized Christmas cards made with their Malt(s) on the front? If so, where do you get them done and how expensive is it? I found one website and it was over $100 with a $25 printing fee.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115420
[/QUOTE]

We do our own Christmas cards. We buy the cards at Staples. There are 20 cards to a pack. They are single fold. Avery 3265 Greeting Cards. This year we will be sending two different ones. Some with Tucker on the front of the card and we also did a picture of our tree last year then hubby super imposed a picture of the two of us on the front in a fade out.

All you need is a printer. Practice on plain paper until you get what you want. If you go to Avery.com you can download free. It helps you format the card. Simple as 1-2-3.

Walmart and Quick Copy also does them but trust me it's easy to do yourself.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Nov 1 2005, 12:32 AM
[/QUOTE]

We do our own Christmas cards. We buy the cards at Staples. There are 20 cards to a pack. They are single fold. Avery 3265 Greeting Cards. This year we will be sending two different ones. Some with Tucker on the front of the card and we also did a picture of our tree last year then hubby super imposed a picture of the two of us on the front in a fade out.

All you need is a printer. Practice on plain paper until you get what you want. If you go to Avery.com you can download free. It helps you format the card. Simple as 1-2-3.

Walmart and Quick Copy also does them but trust me it's easy to do yourself.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Oct 31 2005, 09:32 PM
[/QUOTE]
yes. I just ordered 100 4x6 for 100.00 . I had Summer's picture taken at a little dog botique here in town ( she had someone come into the store) it wasn't cheap 69.00 for the sitting and 1 free 5x7, I wanted to order all of them but he was alittle to high
So I got the free 5x7 and ordered my christmas cards. would have ordered them anyway somewhere else
He wanted 40.00 just for the disc. with 1 pic on it
and 115.00 for the disc with all the pics on it .BUT I couldn't get them printed any where else waver and all that .I guess I could have printed them myself
I didn't even think about that
come to think of it I might change my order

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
What about those cards that are made to have a photo inserted in the front. I don't know how to describe them, but there is a border around the space for the photo and you insert your photo and then the rest of it is a preprinted card, like any other holiday card. I got some one year at a Hallmark store when my daughters were younger. I think I've seen them at Barnes & Noble also.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i'm going to order my christmas cards through ofoto.com. i use the site to share pictures with my friends and family and they also do greeting cards. ofoto was just taken over by Kodak so they are great quality prints. it only costs $75.99 for 100 5x7 cards with a photo and greeting. shipping isn't included, but shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
my mom wants to take our family picture and have x-mas cards made of it. we are going to go to walmart or walgreens and have those post card type ones made.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by elliesmomie@Nov 1 2005, 11:11 AM
i'm going to order my christmas cards through ofoto.com.  i use the site to share pictures with my friends and family and they also do greeting cards.  ofoto was just taken over by Kodak so they are great quality prints.  it only costs $75.99 for 100 5x7 cards with a photo and greeting.  shipping isn't included, but shouldn't be too much.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115688
[/QUOTE]
Oh I think thats the best price

Like I said , I pd 100.00 for 100 4x6 photos I still have to buy the cards to insert the pics.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I love SHUTTERFLY for all sorts of photo projects

I ordered cards 2 yrs ago for thanksgiving and was very happy with the results. No Paris on them, just mom bro and I. They are my top choice for digital photography printing because of the speedy shipment and the no hassle returns.

Even make posters!

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you don't have a printer, perhaps you can get a friend to do them for you for the price of an ink cartridge? Big Lots also has blank cards, $2.99 for 10 cards and envelopes!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i make my own cards in photoshop as a 4x6 sized image..then i get them printed at any photo developing store for what ever they charge per 4x6 print. here is an example:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 1 2005, 02:51 PM
i make my own cards in photoshop as a 4x6 sized image..then i get them printed at any photo developing store for what ever they charge per 4x6 print.  here is an example:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115763
[/QUOTE]

that's a great idea!!! i don't know much about photoshop, but will have to learn quickly so i can get them out in time for christmas!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
if u need some help let me know

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You all have great ideas. Thanks so much. Jaimie I guess it looks like I better get started with my photoshop. LOL

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hi Pat,
I have made many customized Christmas cards. I will love to work with Sassy but you will have to print it yourself. I can recommend some places online that do a wonderful job printing! They look better than home printing and I have used their services in previous years.

I usually go with http://www.snapfish.com for US and another service for Canada. For snapfish, use the promotion code FATWALLET2011 for 20% off your oder. I enter the addresses in and have them send it for me

Here are some of the cards I made in the past..

Cookie

Sparkle

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Gosh! Those are beautiful Charmypoo!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for exactly-- but if you make one and then burn it to a CD you can go to Walmart and choose from many different designs- and they are very well priced- here is a link for their 2005 Christmas cards

Charmypoo: those are beautiful!!

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you to everyone who has posted with information. What I am looking for is something that looks very much like a traditional Christmas card, but instead of Santa, or something cutsie I would like a nice picture of Sassy. Maybe a Christmas tree, nice candles, nutcracker or other traditional Christmas props. Something very classy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts