Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am having Jim's family over for our annual Christmas get-together tomorrow. 17 adults; 5 children. :w00t: Am getting a Heavenly Ham spiral ham, since we have so many people coming. I'd like some side dish suggestions and punch suggestions. Am planning on making a sweet potato casserole, maybe even stuffing since everyone loves my stuffing. I don't like a million dishes, just a few really good ones - quality not quantity:) Also I made a Bellini punch for the marathon party - Proseco (champagne) and peach nectar juice.It was a big hit. Wondering about putting a little cranberry juice in to give it a tarter taste and red color, but open to suggestions for a punch.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Am having Jim's family over for our annual Christmas get-together tomorrow. 17 adults; 5 children. :w00t: Am getting a Heavenly Ham spiral ham, since we have so many people coming. I'd like some side dish suggestions and punch suggestions. Am planning on making a sweet potato casserole, maybe even stuffing since everyone loves my stuffing. I don't like a million dishes, just a few really good ones - quality not quantity:) Also I made a Bellini punch for the marathon party - Proseco (champagne) and peach nectar juice.It was a big hit. Wondering about putting a little cranberry juice in to give it a tarter taste and red color, but open to suggestions for a punch.
Does it get any better than Heavenly Ham and sweet potato casserole? I think naught! Sounds wonderful.

I agree about the quality vs quantity - totally.

I make a great lobster salad (lobster, mayo, salt and pepper - not much of a salad, but always a hit) - I thinly slice really good bread, drizzle it with the best olive oil that I can buy, toast it - lightly enough to eat and crispy enough to hold the lobster on the bread. I also use Belgium lettuce leaves, sprinkled with a tiny bit of Hungarian paprika.

If you ever need lobsters - PM me - I’ll ship them to you, they come in each day (right down at the fishing docks.)

For the punch - what about a little Pomegranate juice and blood oranges . . .

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
I make a nice gluhwein either white or red. You can also use black current juice instead of wine if people want something "alternative"----just sayin' but I like the wine! This would not be with the meal but as the guests arrive to warm them up!
Peach schnaps is also good w/orange punch!
:)

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Sue: Love the Bellinis! Maybe a spiced apple punch would go well with the ham. For a side dish, what about some sort of root veggie? Sound weird, but mashed celery root is to die for delicious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts