Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Christmas Ornaments or Toys?

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Guest_Bellezza1212 
#1 ·
Got a question for everyone...how's it going with the Christmas trees and ornaments? Have your babies decided they belong on the floor to play with and to chew on? lol
Morgan has decided the balls are there to push around and to get caught under everything and the ones that my children collected and made over the years are great for ripping off and chewing on. We now have the tree patrol up and running to keep him away from it. First day the tree went up, I had expected him to think he was outside and lift a leg...well, was I surprised when he decided, no, we won't try that one, but I like the taste of this water in the tree stand better than the water in my dish! lol It never seems to end and I really dont' care, I LOVE IT! :D :D :D :D

#2 ·
Well at our house Tiki ignored the tree at first (this is after the initial barking at it because it must be dangerous :>) Now he thinks the tree skirt is where he should hide his snacks and toys. He also thinks the lower branches are for him to chew on and the ornaments must be toys just hanging around incase he gets board

We have moved most everything from the lower branches but he insists on "digging" around the skirt and then laying there. Since he is a paper chewer we haven't put the presents under the tree, but up on the tables in the living room; looks quite funny! Our (very large) cat likes to sleep under the tree also. It is actually quite adorable.

Judi

G
#6 ·
I had to laugh when I read your post about the Christmas Tree. My older Maltese that is just a year is not doing anything with the Christmas Tree. She now knows that only her toys for for chewing and playing. Little Chester is a different story. I have been picking oraments out of his mouth all day long. For a while I kenneled him because he has not been a good little puppy today. It is cute... but I don't want him to know that. Today his mouth has been on everything. It took 5 months for Jasmine to stop it and we still have two months to go on this guy!!!

How old are your pups?

Joanne, Jasmine 13 months, and Chester 14 weeks

#7 ·
Tiki had his first birthday this past September 4th, sooooo.... he is almost 16 months old; He still acts like he is a puppy though. We always call him puppy. Sometimes I think he thinks "puppy" is his name. He will often ignore me when I say Tiki, but always comes running when I say puppy. Maybe it is because we call him puppy when he is being oh so cute

Judi

#8 ·
We got all of our wrapping done last night, I had to put everything in the spare bedroom UP out of reach. I KNOW the minute it goes under the tree, we are in trouble lol He was jumping all through the wrapping paper, bows and tags last night just being a "puppy" lol He had so much fun, think it was all the shiney stuff and bright colors that did it.
Morgan has acquired so many nicks, teh poor little guy will answer to anythign as long as I am looking at him when I call him lol Einstein, Marshmallow Fluff, Fluffer nutter, and Skittles are my favs he gets all the time, but if I call him by his first and last name, he knows..........................! :lol: :lol:

G
#9 ·
Oh- those stories are funny. I'd love to see pictures. I had to force Angel to get near the gifts in order to take a picture of her. She's really good about not touching any of our stuff. It's almost as if she knows what's hers & what's ours... she doesn't chew or play with any of our things... I love her for it! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.