Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't talk much, but it worked out on Friday on my trip to the Breeders, and I got my little furbaby!

He's called Jack
, and he's bumbly and big and fluffy and silly and WONDERFUL!! :D :D

Here are some pics, begin the squealing!
and I will tell you all everything in a day or so when I have some time, at last!

Love!
Cindy & Jack

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yea!!!! Oh he is adorable. I was thinking about you today and waiting to hear what happened... Oh, I am just so excited for you... I live alone, too, and I can't tell you what it means to share my home with two precious furbabies... I know Jack will add so much to your life.... If I can be of any help whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask here, PM or email.....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention.... I'm sure he'll be lonely for his "old" family tonight so you may want to sleep with him in a chair or sofa.... I did that with Catcher for a couple nights and he was fine after that in his crate in my room. It was so neat sleeping with him cuddled up at my neck and he didn't cry at all.... I was afraid if I slept in bed with him that I might hurt him or he might fall off. In a chair with ottoman or sofa it works out great. I just don't believe in the old way of doing things to let them cry all night... that is bound to be very stressful on them... and what good does it do? Anyway... ENJOY!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
AWWWWW! I can't wait to hear more about Jack!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
He's such a cutie!!
Jack is a nice name!

-c

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Yay. Can't wait to hear all about Jack.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I AM IN LOVE!

Jack's so adorable, he follows me everywhere I go (except down the stairs, he's too afraid!).
He is a big boy, he's 5 pounds at 14 weeks old. (How big should I expect him to be? 10 or 12 pounds or so? WAY above standard, for sure!)

I'm taking him to his Vet checkup today, to be sure he's healthy and I can keep him. He loves me and everyone so much!

Here are the issues we've been having:

He has amazing Pee-Holding skills, can hold it for 10-12 hours at a time -- which actually makes it darn near impossible to catch him when he DOES have to go! We take him to the pee pad every few hours, and he just stands there looking at us. Then he lies down.
and looks up at me: "Mommy, why do you keep putting me in here?"

Then after 5 minutes we take him back out of there; this repeats itself ALL DAY... and eventually, he'll suddenly be peeing on the floor!
I don't really know how else to make him understand that the pee Pad is the place to go potty. He poos in little adorable poos, and usually when he starts poo I can pick him up and RUSH him to the pad --- and then praise him, a little, for ending up there.

Poor little guy, he must think we're all crazy!!

Anyway; another issue is his bad tear stains. I've cleaned his face three times, and it's getting better -- I even had to cut some of hte really dark hairs off entirely -- but the Polydent trick seems to be helping, as long as I keep doing it. He doesn't like the mint smell very much.

One of his eyes is still pink around the edges (like the eye-liner hasn't been drawn in all the way yet). Will that grow in?

He's so fluffy and lovey and cuddly, he LOVES being in everyone's lap; he's usually okay to sleep in the crate as long as he can see me sleeping in the bed. He plays some, but sleeps a lot more -- I think he's just a mellow boy -- but some of my friends think he's not as "playful and frisky" as a "normal puppy" -- I am not concerned -- but should I be??

Last issue: and of course this one is a biggy; I'll probably start a thread on it in a little while --

SEPARATION ANXIETY!!!

He cries and is so sad when he leave him. Even for a moment in another room, he'll cry. Yesterday we left him in his crate for a few hours to go have lunch, to teach him to be alone, a little bit at a time -- and he cried as we left! When we got home, he was sleeping, but he had completely pushed the plastic tray bottom out of his crate, and pulled the towel that draped over the crate ALL THE WAY INSIDE through the holes!! and was laying on it. What a silly. How long before he's just a little upset with being alone? I have the feeling that he was never alone at the breeders -- EVER.

I AM SO HAPPY!!!! (Jack was my grandfather's name too!) Aw Jack, he's a cuddle bunny.

Oh dear, what a long post! Back to snuggling with the pup!

he
s you too!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by cindysilver@Jun 6 2005, 09:37 AM

I AM IN LOVE!

He poos in little adorable poos,
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69528
[/QUOTE]

This CRACKED me up!

You definetely have been bitten by the love bug!!!! BAD!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts