Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My groomer came here today and did a grooming on all three babies.
After about 20 years working at my vet's office she had a "falling out" with them and was let go
and since my appointment was supposed to be yesterday, she called to see if I wanted her to come here today.
So, of course I did!! She brought all her equipment and I was amazed how good all three fluffs were.

Now I have to decide whether to go with another person at my vet's or
follow my groomer to another place that is a bit farther from my home
and in the opposite direction from my office. She's been grooming for me since about 1994,
so I really hate to start with someone new.

She did Claire first so I had time to shoot some pics right afterward.
I can't imagine now what it was like here without Claire. She has such a sweet and
loving personality. I'm so glad she had a few flaws and Tonia couldn't
show her!

And most importantly, she gets along great with both Kallie and Catcher!

Soooo, here are the pics ....

Claire in the sink ... I have never seen her wet before! I was amazed how small she is when wet!

A few after the grooming was complete:

Here are some I took in early October:

This is what I see when Claire wants to sit on my lap.
She loves to sit with me when I'm on the computer.
I'll look down and there is that cute face!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Love these pics - so adorable!

You are lucky to have such a great groomer, they look beautiful!!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Sorry to hear about you groomer. Your fluffs are absolutely stunning!!!!
My heart would melt if Claire looked at me that way, she'd get what ever she wanted. I love the pictures.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Claire looks like a cuddly teddy bear, she has really come into her own and has grown into a beautiful girl!:wub: I say stick with the groomer since you've been using her since 1994 and she does a great job.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I just get lost in Claire's eyes. :wub: What a pretty, expressive face with a beautiful coat to top it off. I would stay with your groomer. The drive is worth it in the long run. Good groomers are hard to come by. She also knows exactly what you do and don't like for grooming.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Claire is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the pictures but that last one is amazing. What a beautiful face she has, I'd be putting her on my lap every time she looked at me like that. :wub:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
To be fired after 20 years in the same place it must have been some "falling out"! In this economy, she should be able to find space and set up a shop for herself - and take her clientele with her!:thumbsup:

I'd say stick with her - there's always Saturday appointments. :) She looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
oh Wow!!! Claire is gorgeous and beautiful and looks perfect!!! Her coat is really amazing.

It's too bad they had a fallen out with each other. I'd probably stay with the groomer, if it wasn't more than an hour out of my way. Is it that far? Maybe the groomer will continue to do house calls?

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Oh Sher, Claire is gorgeous! She's grown into such a beautiful girl with such a full healthy looking coat and pure ice white!!! .....and a personality to match....you can't beat that!

Hard call on the groomer, try sticking with her a few times and see how inconvenient it turns out to be. Maybe it'll be worth it. I feel like I travel far - about 20 minutes each way to my groomer, but....only the best for my kids:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Sher - Claire is SOOOOO stunning.:wub: She's absolutely gorgeous and what a coat of hair. I'm in love with her. Isn't it amazing when the show pups have "flaws" we end up getting the most magnificent pets. We're so lucky. I didn't know you when you got Claire -- how old is she? Can you give us a little background? And can we expect more pix of Callie and Katcher? :wub:

I would stay with this groomer for sure. She looks gorgeous, they were very good with her. You can't ask for more. I love going to my groomer and being there so if you can get her to keep grooming at your home, I think it's ideal. You never know who the new person will be at the vet. I actually never heard of grooming services at a vet. I feel sorry for this woman too and having three Malts you'll be a good source of income as she tries to get herself together and maybe go out on her own. Three of my friends have worked just short of 20 years and then been laid off for bogus reasons just so they can hire someone cheaper and/or deny them retirement benefits. I wonder if anything like that was afoot here?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Claire has the most amazing coat!!!!!!! She's a beauty!

Can you have this groomer come over? Surely she would do it for so many fluffs!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I think if your pup's love your groomer I would not change. I had a groomer in Tx that my dog's loved and we followered her all over town. I now have a mobile groomer that the boy's really love. I groom Mercedes mostly myself but do let Amy handle her so Mercedes could get to know her, she cut's ner nails and trim's her coat.

Cathy

1 - 20 of 51 Posts