Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reading these threads regarding bald spots caused by rabies vaccinations, I have learned that FT DODGE pharmaceutical company is mentioned as the culprit in causing this. And my vet used that brand. Check out the website on Ft. Dodge regarding rabies vaccines, some have died! I am ready to sue this company, are you willing to join me?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
In reading these threads regarding bald spots caused by rabies vaccinations, I have learned that FT DODGE pharmaceutical company is mentioned as the culprit in causing this. And my vet used that brand. Check out the website on Ft. Dodge regarding rabies vaccines, some have died! I am ready to sue this company, are you willing to join me?
That's not how a class action lawsuit generally works. Normally, the courts will decide to combine multiple cases involving the same issue to decide so it doesn't have to decide them piecemeal. It's more efficient and cost effective.

Class action lawsuits are a double edged sword as it is often better to have your case evaluated separately rather than as a "class". For instance, if your dog died from a rabies vaccination, would you want to be in the same "class" as someone whose dog only developed a bald spot?

I would suggest it might be more productive to get involved with the Rabies Challenge Fund.

Duration of Immunity Study for Rabies Vaccine - Rabies Challenge Fund

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
There are attorneys that all they do is class action lawsuits. I think you have to contact them and then they reach out to the people involved and send them letters asking if they want to join in on the lawsuit.

Two of the companies I have worked for have had these and they sent us letters asking us to sign up for it. I usually toss this stuff but a coworker called me and said DO NOT TOSS THIS ONE as it was 40,000 I was owed so yep I signed that one LOLLLL and the other was about 5k.

I am not sure how it would work in this case but I would think the first place to start is a class action attorney. If you want the names of the two that sent me paperwork pm me and I will pm to you and you can ask them about this.

I know there was one that was won against Rimadyl I believe as it is posted on the fda website and that would be a good way to start with the person who did that one

here you go

http://www.dogsadversereactions.com/nsaid/RimadylLawsuit.html

and i believe she is the person running doghealth2 on yahoogroups.com one of the many groups I am on and I think someone on here was asking why? would someone be on so many groups on another group LOL well here is one of the reasons why? - To educate myself and help others :)

here is the link to join and ask her questions

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/doghealth2/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts