Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think this topic has been touched upon here...

Have any of you ever done a....
colon cleansing? Someone I know (no...seriously...a friend of mine
seriously
) wants to buy Dr. Natura's colon cleansing product. Dr. Natura Colon Cleansing

Any of you BRAVE
enough to answer or know of something else that you or a friend
might have tried that works?

Seriously...actually, it is my sister! :eek: , Don't tell her I told you so!

~Elegant

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Aug 8 2005, 06:05 PM
Seriously...actually, it is my sister!  :eek: , Don't tell her I told you so! 
ummm yea, sure, we know it is
nope, dont have any experiences with it, i have seen colonblow on the internet before but dont know anyone who has tried it, i hear its good for you though, something like 15 pounds of bla that stays in you at all times or something like that

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No...seriously, it is my sister...

I told her to tell me how it goes...cuz if I can shed 15 lbs...I am there!

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Make natural grains (unprocessed, no white rice) a regular part of your diet and you can achieve the same results naturally.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's the latest craze in LA because there are cleansing centers popping up all over the place.

The fees can range from 75 a session to 150.00 And the usual benefits are better skin and visible difference within a few treatments.

Many of my co-workers have shed at least 10lbs. I have accompanied one girl there once (cant remember the name, but it was silly like rooter something) and it was clean, and does not make me want to gag at all. There is someone to massage you while the process is going on, and it's not painful.

I wanted to do it but then we moved to FL. If I was still in LA, then definitely~!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I am a nurse and I assure you you can accomplish the same thing for $3.00 by purchasing a fleets enema. It's an absurd fad. Not to mention it can actually cause an electrolyte imbalance which can lead to cardiac arrhythmia's. DON"T DO IT.

Go have a massage, eat oatmeal for breakfast to keep you regular amd spend your money on a new puppy carrier. "Colonics" have been around for a long time sometimes popular for "health" reasons, sometimes porported to be quick weight loss, some even believe them to be "sexually" stimulating. It's all hoey and borderline dangerous.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I agree with Puppymom... and besides... if you lose 10 pounds in one day, you'll gain it back really soon anyway.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I saw one of those clinics on that stupid "Elimidate" show. They went to one of those on a FIRST DATE!!! The girl made the guy do it, or he would be cut. I thought it was all
myself....
I will stick to the oatmeal..thanks!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
didnt someone famous (elvis??) die with 50 lbs of poo inside them???

anyway, my aunt got it done. she told my sister and my mom to do it also. so tell "your sister" that my aunt recommends getting it done. BUT she got it done by a doctor.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Do yourself a favor, especially if you are over 50, and schedule a colonoscopy. You will have the cleanest colon around and the added benefit of having a necessary test. Eat a healthy diet rich in fiber (through fruits, veggies and whole grains) and you'll also have a clean and healthy colon while reducing your risk for colon cancer. Doesn't LA also have oxygen bars?

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Thanks Saltymalty!!!

Not that I'm doubting you doctorcathy, I know that in California things are done differently than here in the East , but I have been a nurse for almost 25 years and have a Masters Degree in Family Health Nursing and have never heard of a Medical Doctor giving a colonic enema. I know out there in the West you have some pretty far out "health spas" but PLEASE FOLKS, check with your primary care physician before you do something like that. You are risking a perforated bowel, infection, arrhythmia, dehydration and colon irritation for something with absolutely no proven benefit.

I can think of alot more pleasurable ways to spend money.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL
I'm retarded. i asked my sister---my aunt got a colonscopy! so disregard my previous post!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I don't think I could go for the old hose and a bucket of water thing, but the original colon cleansing sounds better, at least you take it in the other end and it is not so personal. I would say though you could get the very same effect by eating plenty of fiberous foods and drinking lots of water, and it would be a lot cheaper too.
I did get a laugh though at the web site and the testimonials in there, hubby and I were about peeing ourselves laughing at what some people actually wrote in there about taking pictures of the end result

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Aug 8 2005, 04:59 PM
Many of my co-workers have shed at least 10lbs.  I have accompanied one girl there once (cant remember the name, but it was silly like rooter something) and it was clean, and does not make me want to gag at all.  There is someone to massage you while the process is going on, and it's not painful.
Are you saying that people are having a massage while they are having an enema????? Maybe I'm crazy but that just doesn't sound fun to me AT ALL. LOL.

I'll stick to the spa for my massages. OMG!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Aug 8 2005, 07:33 PM
I did get a laugh though at the web site and the testimonials in there, hubby and I were about peeing ourselves laughing at what some people actually wrote in there about taking pictures of the end result

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88554
[/QUOTE]
OMG... :lol: ...Did you see the ones where they had the "stuff" displayed on the toilet, like they just fished it out? Gross! Hanging on newspaper even! :new_Eyecrazy: Idon't think I would like to go to some shop and have it done...I don't want anyone seeing my third eye but me!
If you catch my drift!

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy+Aug 8 2005, 10:49 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 12:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Paris'Mom
@Aug 8 2005, 04:59 PM
Many of my co-workers have shed at least 10lbs.  I have accompanied one girl there once (cant remember the name, but it was silly like rooter something) and it was clean, and does not make me want to gag at all.  There is someone to massage you while the process is going on, and it's not painful.

Are you saying that people are having a massage while they are having an enema????? Maybe I'm crazy but that just doesn't sound fun to me AT ALL. LOL.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88562

It all sounds rather gross, gross, gross..........
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88563
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree GROSS,.

Something should be left to the professionals Doctors.

Something should be left to the professionals Doctors. If someone messes this up you can have bowel issues for the rest of your life. Not to mention hominoids from to much pressure from that stuff cleansing you out. So much damage can be done.
There are so many natural things you can take...

Two table spoons of prune juice,
fibre and lots of water.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant+Aug 8 2005, 11:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scoobydoo
@Aug 8 2005, 07:33 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88554
OMG... :lol: ...Did you see the ones where they had the "stuff" displayed on the toilet, like they just fished it out? Gross! Hanging on newspaper even! :new_Eyecrazy: Idon't think I would like to go to some shop and have it done...I don't want anyone seeing my third eye but me!
If you catch my drift!

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88579
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, that end of me is my business and no-one elses unless it is my GP doing the exam and even then I am a bit embarrassed.
I think the cleansing program in the web site is just a pack of goodies you actually swallow and it workes it's way through and takes everything in it's way with it. Even so I wouldn't want to be telling the world about the end result or taking pictures, that is rather gross I think.
Give me the natural good diet high fibre foods anytime. It is cheaper too and at least I know what I am swallowing.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I've done several cleanses the past 2 years. I've never done the colon though, I'm too chicken. I will tell you cleanses are not fun at all!! When you first start one it feels like you have the flu for several days. And I do lose weight but that isn't from the cleanse, it's because you aren't suppose to eat any form of sugar while you do it. That's hard for me cause I'm a major sugarholic. One plus though is that once a cleanse is over you feel fantastic.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by puppymom@Aug 8 2005, 07:08 PM
I am a nurse and I assure you you can accomplish the same thing for $3.00 by purchasing a fleets enema.  It's an absurd fad.  Not to mention it can actually cause an electrolyte imbalance which can lead to cardiac arrhythmia's.  DON"T DO IT.

Go have a massage, eat oatmeal for breakfast to keep you regular amd spend your money on a new puppy  carrier.  "Colonics" have been around for a long time sometimes popular for "health" reasons, sometimes porported to be quick weight loss, some even believe them to be "sexually" stimulating.  It's all hoey and borderline dangerous.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88435
[/QUOTE]

I definetly aggree. You can also get that fleets I think this is one one you drink... It is the nastest thing I have every drank in my life. I had to take this one time... as per my doctor. At least you know it is safe.

Those picture they listed look like there intestines coming out to me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia+Aug 8 2005, 09:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Paris'Mom
@Aug 8 2005, 04:59 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88562
[/B][/QUOTE]

It is gross when you imagine it... but it's like gentle massage of your stomach area..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.