Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mikey at an agility trial last month...

"Here are more pics from last month's trial. Mind you, his belly and 2 front legs are shaved...can you tell?

Mikey, I swear you only have to jump 8 inches...

Intense worker or what? How cool is this caught between my legs?

Later in the day slowing down but happy as a lark."

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, thank you so much for posting those truly gorgeous photos.... It isn't often that we have an opportunity to see such a beautiful Maltese in the middle of enjoying himself so much... wow!

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is fantastic..... and to think I am having trouble teaching Keeko to use the cat door. whats your secret. LOL

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@May 7 2005, 10:26 PM
way to go Mikey, he loves it doesnt he

What height do you jump him at?  when Digby was doing agility I had her at 6 inch jump height

how is Mikey going through the shoot?  I dont think Digby wanted her hair mussed up rofl she had a hard time with that one

Jackie he looks great

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60796
[/QUOTE]

Mikey jumps 8 inches. He can easily jump 12 but I refuse to jump him at that height. There is no reason. He can run performance in USDAA and jump 8 instead. He doesn't compete much anyways.

Mikey is fine with the chute. He's a little slow with it, but steady and pushes right through. I'm quite proud of his teeter. A lot of little dogs are very slow on it but he runs to the end and waits...it's a lovely teeter.

Thanks for the compliments! He's a hoot to work with and he really loves it when he's well enough to run.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That is a beautiful maltese in action. Great photos. You're right, the concentration on his little face says it all. Clearly he loves doing this.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's awesome!!!! Mikey is such a gorgeous little guy!!!! Those are great pics, thanks for sharing!!!! :D He looks like he's having a blast!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
That's wonderful. He looks like he is having so much fun. I would love to get chelsey and Chester in agility. Does any one have any information on it for Mississauga or oakville Ontario.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
JMM, Thanks for sharing, he looks fabulous and is obviously having so much fun!

Maltese parents, I encourage you to take your furbabies to agility classes...they are so much fun! For those of you who have hyperintense Maltese like Sylphide, it's an excellent way to channel their energy and gives them so much confidence!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Mikey at an agility trial last month...

I saw the hard workin picture on another site, and didn't think a picture could get any better until I saw the third one here. Your little man is stunning. I really think that is magazine material. I hope you have many more years with him.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I don't get the title of this thread. Was that sarcasm?

Mikey looks gorgeous! Like a supermodel!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
How beautiful....ummm...errr..."Handsome!" Mikey is!!!
That truly looks like LOADS of fun!!!! :D

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL Yes the title was sarcastic.

Marilyn, Mikey has lovely weaves. I free shaped them with the clicker and to speed him up worked on throwing a baggie of food (he doesn't work well with toys). He has nice quick, but precise weaves.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
OMG!! He is Absolutely GORGEOUS!! He looks so wonderful running and jumping with all that hair! You can't even tell he's shaved! He is truly beautiful.

-c

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Mikey is grogeous!! Amazing pictures!!

We were actually planning to take Miko to agillity classes (found an instructor and almost scheduled it) when we found out about his luxating patellas. So we have postponed it for a while (at least until he completely recovers from surgery).

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Mikey is BEAUTIFUL!

I just have one question... doesnt he get matted while running around?????????!! :eek: I HATE MATTS! I SHAVED kodies hair off this past week...

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Mikey looks fabulous! I had no idea that he was still doing agility. For some reason I thought he'd had to retire because of his health.

How is his health these days? He looks like he feels wonderful!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts