Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloey is on canidae soft & purina puppy chow dry. I took her home on Saturday May 28th. When she got home, she ate that, and she'll continue to eat it when she's HUNGRY..

but recently, she's been trying to eat my other dogs food
it's still puppy food, but she won't touch her food when i put it out (i take the other food away).. but she wont eat it and will "search" for the dry food. (it's innova puppy). i don't know what to do.

she won't eat the soft anymore.. she just wants the dry innova! she won't even take the purina puppy chow.. i don't know what to do, any ideas?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Why not just let Cloey eat the Innova? It's a great food and if that's what she wants let her have it
. If that's not an option the only thing I can think is to feed your dogs in their crates or in different rooms which could be a problem since she is already searching for the innova.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@May 30 2005, 04:38 PM
Why not just let Cloey eat the Innova?  It's a great food and if that's what she wants let her have it
.  If that's not an option the only thing I can think is to feed your dogs in their crates or in different rooms which could be a problem since she is already searching for the innova.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66974
[/QUOTE]

i didn't want her to eat the innova right away because i wanted to wean her off of her old food because it gives the little ones upset tummies. she has diarrhea now
but since she's already eating it i mine as well just give it to her

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Deyna+May 30 2005, 08:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@May 30 2005, 04:38 PM
Why not just let Cloey eat the Innova?  It's a great food and if that's what she wants let her have it
.  If that's not an option the only thing I can think is to feed your dogs in their crates or in different rooms which could be a problem since she is already searching for the innova.
i didn't want her to eat the innova right away because i wanted to wean her off of her old food because it gives the little ones upset tummies. she has diarrhea now

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66991
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh I see. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I didn't realize you've only had her for 2 days

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut+May 30 2005, 05:35 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2005, 08:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@May 30 2005, 04:38 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66991

[/QUOTE]
Oh I see. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I didn't realize you've only had her for 2 days

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66994
[/B][/QUOTE]

no need to say sowwy
i think she's actually sick right now
she's having really really bad diarrhea

it's very watery! well light light khaki brownish water!
i was going to take a picture, but that'd be to graphic. i've known dogs that had diarrhea for a week. but i dont know.. i'm really scared actually.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Well, I'm not an expert, but with my Peanut he had really bad diarreha because he has a corn allergy and berfore we found out about it we had been feeding him puppy food with corn in it. His Heartgard Plus pills also give him bad poopies. Have you taken Cloey to the vet yet? I only ask because maybe it's a reaction to one of the vaccines. I would probably give the vet a call in the morning (I'm really paranoid about these little ones) and let them know about it. Someone else here may have better advice.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
With young puppies you have to be careful they don't become dehydrated. If the diarrhea lasts for more then a day I would talk to your vet. As for the food if she has diarrhea she needs to be on a bland diet. Your vet will tell you what to feed her.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
If you've only had her for a couple of days, you need to get her to a vet asap and have her checked out. Puppies can come with coccidiocis and other internal parasites that can cause diarrhea which can quickly lead to dehydration in such a young puppy. Dehydration can be life threatening in a puppy who only weighs a few pounds.

How old is Cloey?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to keep you all waiting, but..

Cloey was 10 weeks old when I posted that, it's been a week, now she's 11 yay. but anywho..

Cloey was negative for coccidia, giardia, any type of worms, parvo.. she's only needing her last set of shots.

She was found to have mild bacteria in her tummy that was causing the really bad diarrhea. she's on albon right now and doing great..

my other dog caught her bacteria and got more sick than she did.
so he's on the medication as well.

so she's doing dandy now! i just wish she would understand what "no" meant :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that she's OK... as I was reading the thread, I was worried!! Thanks so much for the update!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts