Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today, i went fishing for the day. before i went i gave my baby, food and nutrical. i was worried bacause hasn't been eating very well these days. when i came back at around 5:00pm i found polaris collasped on the floor druling. the first thing i did was check if he was still breathing. he wasn't so i had to give him artificial repsiration. i got so scared. when he was breathing again i gave him some nutrical because it is high in calorie, so to boost up his energy.when he regained some consiousness i checked him out. i found iout he was in suar shock because he was druling, collapsed, and his gums were whitish. then i took him to the vet to make sure he was ok. the vet said i should hospitalize him for tonight just incase polaris gets another hypoglemic attack. so that's it. today i got a taste of what it feels like to be a parent, mostly because i am 13.

·
Registered
831 Posts
little paws,
the girls and I are sending good wishes to you and your little Polaris.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
good thing you know CPR. it wasnt until last year that i took a class on first aid and cpr. i learned a lot and i encourage everyone to take that class.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good news guys! he's getting better. diareah has stopped, he's starting to eat again! and he isn't lethargic anymore. but the vet says there is a chance that polaris has a liver problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well stop your worrying! polaris is brand as new! the vet said there is nothing to worry about! he is recovering and is and is getting more playful by the hour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts