Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today, i went fishing for the day. before i went i gave my baby, food and nutrical. i was worried bacause hasn't been eating very well these days. when i came back at around 5:00pm i found polaris collasped on the floor druling. the first thing i did was check if he was still breathing. he wasn't so i had to give him artificial repsiration. i got so scared. when he was breathing again i gave him some nutrical because it is high in calorie, so to boost up his energy.when he regained some consiousness i checked him out. i found iout he was in suar shock because he was druling, collapsed, and his gums were whitish. then i took him to the vet to make sure he was ok. the vet said i should hospitalize him for tonight just incase polaris gets another hypoglemic attack. so that's it. today i got a taste of what it feels like to be a parent, mostly because i am 13.

·
Registered
831 Posts
little paws,
the girls and I are sending good wishes to you and your little Polaris.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
good thing you know CPR. it wasnt until last year that i took a class on first aid and cpr. i learned a lot and i encourage everyone to take that class.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good news guys! he's getting better. diareah has stopped, he's starting to eat again! and he isn't lethargic anymore. but the vet says there is a chance that polaris has a liver problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.