Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you, who are like me, please take a peak at this link.

Read the article. It warms my heart. I, along with many volunteers, will be out setting flags. Notice one half of the cemetary is full of flags, and the other half has none. Keep in mind, family members, of our fallen soldiers, take this 50-cent flag home, and cherish it.

Most flags remain, we gather them up, and set them back in place, for the next setting.

Donations are made directly to the flag company. They do not have Paypal, so anyone interested, please send a check to me, made out to the flag company. I want to fill the cemetary. Blank areas are NOT an option.

For those interested, it's 50-cents a flag. Five bucks will cover TEN of our soldiers.

I will take pics, and yep, cry.

GMS Employees Salute Veterans General Monitoring Services, Inc.

Deb Padilla
246 Kauai Lane
Placentia CA 92870

PS: On a side note. We are going after rescues next. The owner of the company is all over it.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Deb - I just spent the day doing an interview with an Army medic who's done two tours of duty in Iraq. He's also an EMT and he's going to be teaching in the fall. These guys and girls are so inspiring. What a great cause.:aktion033:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
For those of you, who are like me, please take a peak at this link.

Read the article. It warms my heart. I, along with many volunteers, will be out setting flags. Notice one half of the cemetary is full of flags, and the other half has none. Keep in mind, family members, of our fallen soldiers, take this 50-cent flag home, and cherish it.

Most flags remain, we gather them up, and set them back in place, for the next setting.

Donations are made directly to the flag company. They do not have Paypal, so anyone interested, please send a check to me, made out to the flag company. I want to fill the cemetary. Blank areas are NOT an option.

For those interested, it's 50-cents a flag. Five bucks will cover TEN of our soldiers.

I will take pics, and yep, cry.

GMS Employees Salute Veterans General Monitoring Services, Inc.

Deb Padilla
246 Kauai Lane
Placentia CA 92870

PS: On a side note. We are going after rescues next. The owner of the company is all over it.
Deb - We make checks out to Jon's Flags?

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Hi Deb - Sorry I've been so late on this but the check is in the mail. Just interviewed someone for a video who had 2 tours in Iraq as a medic and just landed a job as a teacher. Awesome. These guys are so cool.:chili:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just saw this and wanted to thank you for all that you're doing for our vets. My cousin lost his life in Iraq in 2004, and I know that a flag donated by the public would mean the world to my aunt who is still mourning his loss.

My check is going in the mail tonight.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, thanks everyone. And yes make the checks out to Jon's Flags.

We're doing pretty well so far, and hoping my boss will cover the cost for any missing flags. One of our accounts is on a car forum, and he collected $3000 for us. You can see that article on the same website, I think.

I'm really excited about putting AMA Rescue on our site in October. I sure do like my boss. He's a very thoughtful man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts