Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Codi gets neutered tomorrow

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  wizzyb 
#1 ·
Codi gets neutered tomorrow, along with a bunch of other stuff. I've made my day very busy tomorrow to make sure I don't get too lonely, doubt its going to work though. I think he knew something was up, cuz he's been a super cuddle-bunnie all day long... unusual.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks everyone!! :D

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! I dropped him off this morning and boy did he look sad, like "why are you doing this to me" ... I tried to explain to him that its for his own good, but I don't think he understood that.

He is getting the pre-blood work done. He's getting pain medication for afterward. He is getting baby teeth removed, and I guess one of his testicles wasn't in the right spot so they're going to try and fix that. He also has to get his rabies shot because I found out that our last vet had "forgotten" to give it to him. I know someone on this board also took their maltese to him to get neutered, and everyone I've talked to really likes this vet, so I'm not too worried. I just miss him

But my Dad and I are looking to see about me getting my first place to rent... which is actually a house with a backyard and everything so hopefully Codi will have some good news when he gets back! Now, back to the job search lol

Thanks again everyone for all your wonderful thoughts and all the help you've given Codi and I! It has been very much appreciated!!!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Well, I talked to the vet earlier today and they said that Codi was doing fine. Had three baby teeth taken out, and had to have two incisions, and was on pain medication. It sounded like everything went well and I get to pick him up in the morning!

We're going to have a nice restful day... hopefully

Thanks again for all the support!

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Well, Codi is back home with us today! YAY!! So far so good... he had to have one testicle removed... we go back in two weeks to get the sutures out. He's also stuck with the cone, which he has already hit on everything! So I'm going to see about ordering the bitenot collar, if i can get it quickly enough!

What a sad dirty little face!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.