Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! Cody was suppose to have a ultrasound for his liver cancer to see if the tumor grew back yesterday but the mobile ultrasonographer got delayed馃槥 and had to reschedule a few days from now. Although his bloodwork came back alt ast akphse ggt were abit elevated.. and his pancreas level was 359 which is abnormal. He鈥檚 not in any pain at all, he eats Royal canin gastro wet food and gets all his pills with greenies. My question is has anyone had any experience if they gave their dog greenies their pancreas level increases due to the fat intake?? Or I am hoping the cancer didnt spread to his pancreas. Cody is super strong stronger then me I should say through this. It鈥檚 so heartbreaking I don鈥檛 want my baby ever to feel any pain. He is such a gentle little boy and accepts everything so smoothly. It鈥檚 amazing I adopted a few months ago before I found out Cody had cancer another dog she鈥檚 half Maltese and shih zu. Her name is Molly and she鈥檚 a rescue . We say she鈥檚 Cody but on steroids ! LOL! We saved her from a bad situation she was all knotted to the skin urine stained all over her body and skin urine stained too and had ear infections and used to eat her poop and run in circles from being scared.. it was so sad she had a bad past. But now she鈥檚 a whole new dog!! Happy as a clam and Loves Cody. It鈥檚 amazing how she can tell where he has cancer she sniffs right at his belly. She sleeps with him every night. Please say prayers for Cody that it is just the greenies giving him the pancreas level and not cancer.

Attachments

Premium Member
Has your vet given him Denamarine? I am not sure where you live, but if you can't get it let us know. It brings liver levels down (albeit slowly). It really works.
You are an angel to adopt Molly---they will be good for each other.
Kitzi can smell Lisi's cancer too----he was the first to know it had resurfaced in Feb. He would sniff her & walk away & not want to be in bed w/her. Amazing little animals.

Reactions: Coster

Premium Member
Thank you for rescuing Molly - She cleans up real nice! What a difference lots of LOVE makes & a little soap and water.
That picture of Cody & Molly is adorable - you can tell they are buddies. I'm so glad they have each other....and you have them! Definitely continued prayers for Cody coming your way. Please keep us updated on the ultrasound.
馃惗 馃惥馃尰

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Thankyou! Cody鈥檚 on lots of meds, ready.. Pepcid, zofran, Ursodiol,denamarin, chlorophine, omega three, pro biotic, prednisone, palladia, sulcrafate, amoxicillin, sub q fluids weekly, and dasiquin I think that鈥檚 it. I am so worried that it鈥檚 the cancer spread I am hoping the abnormal pancreas level is due to the greenies. I hope Lisi and Kitzi are having better days too. I absolutely love that Picture! 馃挒 wish I knew how to down load a video , I would have had Cody sing you happy Birthday! He knows his numbers and would have sang to you!!!馃挒

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for rescuing Molly - She cleans up real nice! What a difference lots of LOVE makes & a little soap and water.
That picture of Cody & Molly is adorable - you can tell they are buddies. I'm so glad they have each other....and you have them! Definitely continued prayers for Cody coming your way. Please keep us updated on the ultrasound.
馃惗 馃惥馃尰
Thankyou sooooo much for your good prayers!!!!! And your baby is soooooo beautiful Toooo!!!!馃挒馃惥

Registered
Sending prayers that the greenies are the cause of the high pancreas levels. I have always heard that greenies aren't good for dogs so that could be the problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thankyou all so very much for all your prayers for my Cody!!!! I received the ultrasound results and they came back with no sign of regrowth in his liver or in the pancreas! I am sooo Happy and Thankful that I will have him a few more months in my life!!馃挒馃挒馃惥馃挒 The vet believes that the pancreas level is abnormal from maybe if mr Cody takes a bite of Molly鈥檚 food here and there as the fat intake is normal food. So we will see next month bloodwork if it goes back to normal. 馃. I say a prayer everyday I have with him! I wish they just could live longer then their are meant for. I love this Cody sooo much!!! Thanks again everyone for all your Love and Support!!!馃挒馃惥

Attachments

Premium Member
Rejoicing with you...
What a HUGE BLESSING! I am overjoyed to hear about Codys ultrasound results! We will continue to hold him up in prayer & keep our fingers crossed that next months bloodworm will be back to normal. His picture is adorable - such expressive eyes!
馃惗 馃惥馃尰

Registered
Thankyou all so very much for all your prayers for my Cody!!!! I received the ultrasound results and they came back with no sign of regrowth in his liver or in the pancreas! I am sooo Happy and Thankful that I will have him a few more months in my life!!馃挒馃挒馃惥馃挒 The vet believes that the pancreas level is abnormal from maybe if mr Cody takes a bite of Molly鈥檚 food here and there as the fat intake is normal food. So we will see next month bloodwork if it goes back to normal. 馃. I say a prayer everyday I have with him! I wish they just could live longer then their are meant for. I love this Cody sooo much!!! Thanks again everyone for all your Love and Support!!!馃挒馃惥
Aww...what a cutie pie! 馃挅

Premium Member
Yay..,such great news! That totally makes sense of pancreas level. Eating higher fat will cause inflammation in the pancreas for sure, especially if the dog can鈥檛 tolerate it. Can he take milk thistle for the liver?
i hope his bloodwork continues to improve. I will be watching for next month update.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Yay..,such great news! That totally makes sense of pancreas level. Eating higher fat will cause inflammation in the pancreas for sure, especially if the dog can鈥檛 tolerate it. Can he take milk thistle for the liver?
i hope his bloodwork continues to improve. I will be watching for next month update.
Hi! Thanks so much! Yes Cody is on denamarin, this morning he vomited so I am sure it has to do with the pancreas. I feel so bad when he throws up he gets so frightened I am making sure this month he only has his prescription food. I think its also has to do with the greenie pill pockets too. Wish I can find something that I could put his nighttime pills like a pill pocket that would make it easy for him. 馃挒 I will keep you posted on his next doc appt.

Registered
Aww, glad you got some good news on your sweet boy :) I give Zooey Denamarin too. Do you make sure to give it on an empty stomach? I only use enough pill pocket to cover the pill, and I give it first thing in the morning, a couple of hours before her breakfast.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, Cody gets the denamarin at night around midnight. I am usually up really late every night it鈥檚 so hard him being on prednisone too he鈥檚 very very hungry and eats about 4 times a day to make his liver not work so hard so spacing the denamarin is tight for example it鈥檚 2am right now and he wakes me up just to feed him or he won鈥檛 go back to bed he has me trained so well. But I鈥檒l do anything for him.馃挒馃挒馃惥

Premium Member
Hi, Cody gets the denamarin at night around midnight. I am usually up really late every night it鈥檚 so hard him being on prednisone too he鈥檚 very very hungry and eats about 4 times a day to make his liver not work so hard so spacing the denamarin is tight for example it鈥檚 2am right now and he wakes me up just to feed him or he won鈥檛 go back to bed he has me trained so well. But I鈥檒l do anything for him.馃挒馃挒馃惥
Sleep is overrated! LOL! 馃槀
Our fluffs sure know how to train us. 馃憤
I'm glad you are on top of Codys care and are such a good momma .
Continued prayers for sweet little Cody. 馃挒

4038a086c6a7702eee688efca701802d.jpg

Premium Member
I鈥檓 so happy for Cody and you that his Ultrasound showed no regrowth of the tumor. He is a beautiful boy as Molly is a beautiful girl.
You said he is on wet Royal Canin. My girls are also. I put their pills one at a time, into a piece of the food. Works great.
Prayers for Cody.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts