Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
It’s 3am in the morning and sitting here with Cody his surgery seemed to go very well. He’s on Buprenox for pain and just started to whine from the pain. But my question is has anyone experienced their baby not to urinate after surgery? He was sooo thirsty and drank water earlier I am afraid the anesthesia won’t make him pee. But don’t know how long he can go without urinating? It seems like he has to go but I am not sure. You think this little guy would sleep tonight but No Way he’s fighting the drugs.. Cody’s been home since 5:30pm today and hasn’t gone to the bathroom. I just am wondering if this is normal? If he doesn’t pass urine by early am I will call my vet. Thanks to All.

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
When Kitzi was neutered he did not urinate for over 24 hrs. & then screamed when he finally went. After that he was ok. We lived overseas so not sure what the problem was. I hope you get some good advice!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cody finally went to the bathroom! Both urine and stool.! Sooo happy!!! He did get antsy like your doggie he was panting and whining for a half hour before he peed. Then when he went , he felt sooo much better! Then took off to the kitchen for water! He is a amazing doggie! These pain meds are great! Thanks for thinking of me and letting me know what you went through!! That really means so much!!!!!!💞 virtual hugs!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts