Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch the Oprah show with Steven Cojocaru today? They showed a bit of footage with his too-cute maltese Stinky. I looked all over the place to see a better pic, but couldn't find one.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have it on right now.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I saw it... I'm home sick with some kind of bug and saw Oprah and Cojo's cute little Malt... he had a puppy cut.... very cute and Cojo seemed to really love him so much...

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
yup...he loved his Malt so much..he said some of the worst part of him having the kidney transplant was being away from his Stinky for 3 weeks (b/c of risk of infection and such)
poor baby. He looks like he's a good daddy to Stinky..you could tell he loved him.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'm sorry, but who is Steven Cojocaru? I have never heard about not being able to be around dogs after a transplant. That's interesting.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
he is an entertainment/fashion announcer (on ET and used to be on NBC) as well. NBC actually fired Cojo for appearing on Oprah b/c they didn't get the "exclusive". He did the NBC interview first but they didn't offer him the extended air time and behind the scenes stuff O was. They were LIVID and demanded he not go(this was all after his kidney transplant btw...he was still sick for God sakes!) Cojo said he wanted to do O so NBC dumped him.

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/theinsider/bio...o_cojocaru.html

credits to this site also for the pic

This bio doesn't look quite complete but it gives you a good idea...

ok here is the thing about Oprah..

Cojocaru Discusses Transplant on Oprah

Friday, April 22, 2005
NEW YORK - Three months after Steven Cojocaru's kidney transplant, Oprah Winfrey rolled out the red carpet for the fashion maven.

Cojocaru appeared on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Thursday to discuss the transplant, his recovery and how he lost his job on NBC's "Today" show. An upbeat Cojocaru proclaimed "alive and kicking!" when he showed up in a pinstriped suit - a rarity for him.

"Only for you would I wear a suit," Cojo said. "The rule is, only for a head of state or Oprah!"

The 40-something fashion commentator, who became known for his snappy assessment of celebrity awards show fashion, underwent a successful kidney transplant in January after being diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease. It is a common hereditary disorder that causes the growth of cysts on the kidneys, and can eventually cause kidney failure.

"I hit bottom at the beginning," he said. "I got the news and I was just completely shattered."

But after his best friend, Abby Finer, gave him one of her kidneys, his spirits were raised - which led to some eye-opening self-discovery.

"I thought I was cynical - like L.A., New York cynical - but I found out I'm Pippi Longstocking!" he exclaimed. "I've seen nothing but good. Friends, family have come together to get me through this. Thoughtfulness. It's made me a better person."

Cojocaru was less positive discussing how he lost his job on "Today," after being part of the show for over four years. He said that three weeks after his surgery, he was fired after making plans to appear on "Oprah."

"I wasn't just fired, I was dumped," he said. "I was shot at the crack of dawn, I was left in the gutter, I mean, it was so cold."

Winfrey expressed shock, explaining that she had understood that Cojocaru would appear on the "Today" show first. She added, "It's not worth losing your job!"

In any case, Cojo said he was ultimately a little relieved: "I kind of find it liberating. ... The new me is so zen and is so at peace."

Cojocaru said he remains a correspondent for the syndicated "Entertainment Tonight."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts