Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but....how the heck do you get them to keep the collar on. Everytime I attempt to put a collar on Chuliee...she goes nuts rubbing herself on the rug trying to get it off...it just makes her NUTS!! I recently bought a really soft one with a little bell on it so I can HEAR her. Shhhh....it's a cat collar.
I just put it on and as always she went NUTS trying to get it off....she even managed to get the bell in her mouth. So I just took it off. I would really like to find a collar with a bell. The cat collar did fit a little big...but regardless even if the collar fits she gets crazy when it's on.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Nov 21 2005, 08:23 PM
We had to start off really slowly just introducing the boys to collars and harnesses.  In the beginning we could only leave it on for a minute or two.  Don't worry, your baby will get used to it eventually.  I would just put it on and try to distract her with a toy or try to practice some commands to take her attention off of the collar 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122003
[/QUOTE]

She is fine with a Harness. It goes on when she goes for walks and it comes right off when we get inside.

Did you use one of those nylon collars.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Nov 22 2005, 12:44 AM
Please be careful with the kitty collars with the bells. I read on another forum of a little Malt that choked to death on the bell from a kitty collar. Also collars will keep the hair tangled and knotted underneath if left on continuously. I always used a harness with Sassy although now that she is in full coat I normally use a show lead which is just a tiny nylon strap that nooses around her neck. When I did use the halter I had all of her ID tags and vaccine tags attached to the harness. Nowadays since she is always in my arms I dont even worry about all the tags.  :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122103
[/QUOTE]

Oh yes...I know. I put it on her for the first time yesterday and I sat on the couch and watched her with it. She went nuts that it was on her and I sat there watching her carefully once I saw she got the bell in her mouth...I walked over to her and TOOK IT RIGHT OFF. It's now in the bag and I will be taking back to the Pet Store for a refund. :D

I just wanted to have a collar on her with a bell on it WE WERE AT HOME..so that I can HEAR her around the house. But that didn't work out so well. So much for tha idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.