Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come I can't get on random sites like Google.com or picturetrail.com? It's been like this for DAYS NOW! I use google for everything too!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Buttercloud,

That is strange behavior because you are able to get to the forum...which means that you are connected to the internet...once connected you should be able to search anywhere...what happens when you type in the address that you want...like google (by the way I just went on to see if they site was up and it is).

Susan

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Do you have popup block turned on, sometimes that will stop you getting into some sites.
If you get a window that tells you there are popups you need to go to the top of the window and click on the strip there and allow popups for that particular site.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have pop up blocker, but I've had that for awhile now. Why would pop-up blocker stop me from entering a navigating site like google.com. My computer tells me if I am blocking a pop-up. When I try to go to google.com, it says it's searching for the site but then it just stops searching.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I have pop-up blocker too. I tried to use the temporary allow for some sites, it never worked. I have to turn it off completely.
I have had a problem getting some additional windows in certain websites for a while, very annoying sometimes. Could not even print my e-tickets. The guy who build me the computer asked me to download Netscape and try with Netscape to see if it's the browser or not. Sure enough, everything worked with Netscape. So we thought it's Internet Explorer and we are waiting that their newest version comes out end of year to upgrade.
but recently I found out that if I have the pop-up blocker turned off I don't have that problem. I will monitor it some more and see if this really the problem.
So Buttercloud, turn off you blocker and see what happens. You never know.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Another thing is we have Norton Internet Security and Ad-Aware and I think some sites actally load keystroke tracking and these programs can stop them loading to protect your computer from hackers and spyware being installed on your computer. Also firewalls can do the same thing. I have had a problem before with downloading from the browser where these security programs can be a headache but then I weigh up whether I want to be tracked and the security wins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts