Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't you know! 2 months after my warranty ran out my monitor starts acting up. The only help I can get from Dell when I ask what is wrong is..."you need a new one!"

My video card can do analog or digital....and I think it's time (pass?) to go LCD. Probably 19", which is what my CRT one now is. What would you buy??

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty's Mom@Oct 20 2005, 11:54 AM
Wouldn't you know!  2 months after my warranty ran out my monitor starts acting up.  The only help I can get from Dell when I ask what is wrong is..."you need a new one!"

My video card can do analog or digital....and I think it's time (pass?) to go LCD. Probably 19", which is what my CRT one now is.  What would you buy??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111677
[/QUOTE]
My boss got one from CostCo for less than $150. She's had it for over a year now and it works great. It was on their website.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting website Rose.
No, I don't have to buy Dell! Although they do have one sounds good. I'm looking for LCD Flat panel, analog+digital, adjustable stand for height (want it as low as possible). Fast response time, clear type & good graphics. There's lots of bargin deals out there for amazingly low prices, but I'm more interested in quality and reliability (at the best price).

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I have a Sony 17" LCD XBrite technology and I love it. There is 19" available too. I was lucky with the price because Circuit City had a special on it when I bought it. The price was 450 $ but I got two rebates from Circuit City + 1 from Sony. I ended up paying 280 $ for it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Oct 20 2005, 03:40 PM
I have a Sony 17" LCD XBrite technology and I love it. There is 19" available too. I was lucky with the price because Circuit City had a special on it when I bought it. The price was 450 $ but I got two rebates from Circuit City + 1 from Sony. I ended up paying 280 $ for it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111736
[/QUOTE]

I have that one, also, in the 19". I am in love with it!! I love the brightness, although some people might not. I believe they have the same one without the brightness feature for a bit less $.

It doesn't have a height adjustment but with the adjustments it does have, it sits just perfectly for me. And the design is so pretty, too!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I recently upgraded from a 17" flat screen to a 19" flat screen. I would never go back to the old style of monitor.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Oct 20 2005, 03:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MalteseJane
@Oct 20 2005, 03:40 PM
I have that one, also, in the 19". I am in love with it!! I love the brightness, although some people might not. I believe they have the same one without the brightness feature for a bit less $.

It doesn't have a height adjustment but with the adjustments it does have, it sits just perfectly for me. And the design is so pretty, too!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111806
[/B][/QUOTE]
That Sony looks good to me and has a great rating through PCWorld, etc. I'm just afraid with the bottom edge the way it is with no height adjustment it might not go as low as I want it. I don't like tipping my head up to see the top of the screen. (progressive lenses you know!) Glad to know you like it and it is on my list.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty's Mom+Oct 23 2005, 12:16 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 20 2005, 03:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MalteseJane
@Oct 20 2005, 03:40 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111806

[/QUOTE]
That Sony looks good to me and has a great rating through PCWorld, etc. I'm just afraid with the bottom edge the way it is with no height adjustment it might not go as low as I want it. I don't like tipping my head up to see the top of the screen. (progressive lenses you know!) Glad to know you like it and it is on my list.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112539
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have progressive lenses, too!!
My Sony sits at just the perfect height for me. I couldn't ask for anything more perfect. I'm short, though.... 5'1" so it may not be as great for someone taller. I have the model with the X-Brite technology, as the color is very vivid, which I really love. If you don't like vivid color, you can get the same model but without X-Brite.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm 5'2" and have a neck problem. Hurts to tilt my head up even a little. The Dell 19" I have now, the bottom of the screen is 7" from the desk, and even with my chair raised as high as I can and still get my knees under the keyboard draw, it's not low enough.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am the same height as you and I have progressive lenses too. I don't have to tilt my head up or down to look at the screen. I mesured the distance from the top of the desk to where the screen starts. It's barely 4" 3/4. You can tilt it to be more straight and it will be approx. between 4" 1/4 and 4" 1/2. Maybe I will leave it that way for a while and see if I like it better. I could also lover my chair more. But like it is right now, I don't have to move my head at all. If you don't like it, you can always bring it back, but they might ask you for restocking charges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts