Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been diligently trying to keep all the unwanted "Pop-Ups", little programs that install themselves, spyware, adware, etc. off my computer. For the last couple of weeks it's been impossible! I am using Norton AntiVirus, and 3 other Anti-Spyware programs to scan more than once a day. I often go so far as to do it in Safe Mode with Restore shut off. Of course I update each of the programs daily or check for updates more than once a day. The lastest thing that keeps happening is a "Buffer Overrun" warning that shuts down whatever is open. It says at the top title bar "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" then "Buffer Overrun" in C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe. I have (home use) WinXP Pro Sp2 and all the updates, but have no idea what Visual C++ is doing on my machine. Isn't that a language for writing programs? Is this Buffer Overrun because of a malicious invader overwriting something? I tried to find something on Microsoft.com and it's all way over my head! This is real technical stuff. I don't do any programing or webpage designing etc.

Any techie's out there that gets this?? :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty's Mom@Jul 21 2005, 02:17 PM
Quote: "I have (home use) WinXP Pro Sp2 and all the updates, "

Yes, my windows has all the Critial Updates. There is one .NET Framework 1.1 update I haven't done listed in the Custom section. I don't really want NET Framework on my machine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83398
[/QUOTE]
Sorry!
Missed that part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts